So... I hated it first, then watched it again and I think it's awesome

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Nutcrusher, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    Did anyone feel that way? Or the other way around?

I think it's having too much expectations based on the first movie that made me go on a ranting spree, but the second time around, I thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

Granted, I was laughing at the sheer absurdity the entire time, but it is a movie about transforming robots and it's not meant to be taken seriously.

I watched on the IMAX first time around and it gave me a headache. The second time, I watched it on a normal sized screen and I could make out more of the stuff, and visuals actually looked better. That definitely helped.

2. Mooseakolopsatron

Mooseakolopsatron Well-Known Member

Ya, I certainly didn't hate it, but I found myself more disappointed the first time than I was after I saw the first movie despite thinking it was better than the first one.

But I saw it a second time after and that time it just blew me away, I thought it was amazing. After all the expectations and disappointments were dealt with, I was able to just enjoy it for what it was and I absolutely loved it. The movie didn't feel like it dragged so bad the second half, the action was more intense and easier to follow, the story worked better for me. All in all I walked away extremely pleased and can't wait to see it several more times.

3. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

I had a similar experience as well. First time I saw ROTF I walked out feeling kinda numb, thinking wtf was that?! It didn't help the first time I saw it our seats absolutely blowed (I think we were 3rd row from front, it was that packed). I was looking up the whole time and during the fights you couldn't make out a whole lot. 2nd time I went on a weekday after work only about 20 people there, got the best seat in the house and had a blast. Also gave me more of a chance to pay more attention to the finer things (spot the Jolt, looks it's Bonecrusher!) I missed the first time.

4. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

very cool, glad you guys liked it.

I find that like the first movie I enjoy it more with repeated viewings. There's just too much to take in the first time.

First viewing-walked out dazed
    Second viewing-was thinking more about what I'd seen
    Third, Fourth, Fifth and Six-Loved it for the action packed roller coaster it was

5. Primesfist

Primesfist Well-Known Member

Yeah, the first time I watched it I loved it, but was disappointed at some elements - like the daft humour and lack of character development for Jolt etc. But the second time, I put these minor distractions aside and focused on the rest of the film.
    The action just blew me away and I thought the story worked well. I liked the dialogue between Megatron and Starscream and the fact that Prime was so bad-ass.

6. qwerty

qwerty Well-Known Member

i enjoyed it more the 2nd time around too...

7. 420bot

420bot ******

I as well enjoyed it more the second time but I actually got a good seat and it really helped.
    I noticed a ton of new stuff compared to the fifth row seat I had the 1st go around.

8. Spoon

Spoon Banned

I disliked it the first time.

Second time just confirmed my opinion.

9. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Personally, after my lukewarm feelings on it, I would not reward them with a second smattering of money to confirm or change my mind. That's what DVD releases are for ;) 

10. ntsan

ntsan Well-Known Member

I also enjoyed 2nd time as well, probably because it was too much for me on the 1st time.

11. Spoon

Spoon Banned

I only watched a second time because a different bunch of people wanted to watch it with me.

Yeah. I'm popular. I know at least TWO groups of people. Jealous?

12. McBradders

Yes :( 

13. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Hey...

There, there.

You're popular on TFW.

That counts for something, right?

Right?

14. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I found that with the first one I went through this same phase of hate then love with the movie.

However after a while I realized how my love for all things Transformers was practically making me apologize for my hating the movie. I was just like alot of you on here knowing this is the only movie we are getting I would rationalize and say nice things eventually but in the end I gave in and realized its still just a horrible movie and a disservice in many way to the fans.

The movies are not well done and really the franchise to me has less to do with Transformers and more to do with Michael Bay. It's about his super inflated ego trip and probably about his love for balls and jokes that surround them

If you hated the movie on first impression then you get used to it and start to like it, then thats just you trying to hope its not as bad as you know it is.

15. McBradders

Not according to 4chan :cry 

16. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    What'd 4chan say about you?

17. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Hey, don't listen to them. They're just a bunch of nerds who bully people to boost their own self-esteem.

That's completely different to the loving and nurturing community we have here, especially in the Movie Forum.

18. McBradders

:lol 

19. actionfigure73

actionfigure73 Iraq Combat Vet

News Credits:
    I definitely noticed more the 2nd time around (of course my first was a packed midnight showing), the wife of course said it was too loud.

20. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Same here.

Unless you replace hated with "thought it was alright".

I really want to sig that for the ironic truth it brings. ;)