So... I had my concert cherry popped

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Heat Guy, May 27, 2008.

1. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Damn dude that's a long time ago.

Saw bush twice myself... once in 99 and once in... 02? First time they were awesome, second time they sucked donkey balls. Even though they did open with "Machine Head". :( 

2. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I didn't even know they were still together let alone playing shows. I can't help but think of American Psycho every time I hear about them. Hope you had fun man:) 

3. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, but at least Warrant had volume going for them. Saw them on the Cherry Pie tour and they were LOUD. So loud I remember feeling a wind coming from the stage during song endings. Inside a building.

Not to mention Warrant had a certain following of female concert goers that kept my interest almost as well as the music.

And yeah, Dethklok is gonna be awesome at First Avenue.

4. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

I saw Hannah Montana recently. The Jonas Brothers were off the hook!

5. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Damn, I think the last concert I went to was an 80's tour with the B-52's and Psychodelic Furs. First concert I officially saw was Stone Temple Pilots, although I did see Chubby Checker perform at a mall when I was a kid.

6. BMGFX

BMGFX Awesome Spooner Veteran

My first show was around when I was 7 and my dad took me to a show (Can't remember who played) at ABC No Rio in NYC, which was like a bombed out basement. If you have been there you know what I mean. Pretty fun times though. Saw lots of weird shit as a kid.

7. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

for anyone thinking about it.......

Go see Wolfmother while they are still playing small venues....... freakin amazing

8. DestronGenerals

DestronGenerals Well-Known Member

Most recently I saw X last week... next on my list is the Breeders and Mission of Burma (separate shows)... I've probably been to 150+ concerts having played maybe half of them with various bands, and i'm 19. :D 

9. sharke

sharke canadian piece of sh*t

my last Concert was Static X, sadly almost a year ago

10. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Saw the Police a few weeks ago and it was exceptional. First show was Rush on the Presto tour in '90.

Used to go to 20-30 shows a year, but these days at $100-$200 a pop for most (double that with the wifey), I'm a lot more discriminating about what I go to. This year has just been Rush, the Police, and Yes coming in August.

I have also found that by purchasing more expensive tier tickets, the likelihood of having a row of drunk/stoned people in front of me that scream/sing and won't sit down the entire show is dramatically lessened. Fewer shows is a good tradeoff for having an enjoyable concert experience.

11. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Last big concert I saw was Linkin Park and Coheed & Cambera in London, ON in Feb... Say what you like, LP put on a damn good show, and I recommend them to anyone!

After that, checked out a selection of local bands at a local joint! ^^

12. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My last concert was just after Christmas, I went to St. Louis and caught Ludo and The Hush Sound. It was the yearly "A Very Ludo Christmas" show and it was totally awesome. I love both bands.

My favorite concert to date, I think, is going to have to be Dick Dale (the Pulp Fiction guitar song guy). I saw him at the Picador in Iowa City, IA and it was the loudest most outright rocking concert ever. Even as old as that dude is he can shred like nobody I've ever seen. His band is amazing too and they all improv jam like its the most natural thing ever. The One Night Standards, a local group, opened for them and they also kicked ass in a major way.

Next up on my list I'm going to go see MC Chris at the Picador in Iowa City, Ludo and The Spill Canvas in Des Moines, and then Less Than Jake with Goldfinger, Suburban Legends, and Big D and the Kids Table at the House of Blues in Chicago. Let there be rock!

13. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just entered to win tickets and the flight to (as well as a paid hotel room) a Metallica gig later this summer, as if I'll win, but wish me luck anyway haha

14. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    Good luck! I don't care what anybody says, Metallica plays a damn good show.

15. red00wolf

red00wolf Insatiable collector

It always hurts the first time, did u cry?...its ok if you did.....the musics loud.:D 

16. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

My first show was RHCP waaay back in 1991..with a coupla noob opening bands named Pearl Jam and Smashing Pumpkins. Wonder what ever happened to those guys.

Most recent, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club...for the sixth time.

17. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

My first concert was the Charlie Daniels Band. My last was Prince. I'd love to see Dethklok, Dropkick Murphys, Powerman 5000, Dragonforce, and a few others in concert though.

18. shifty02

shifty02 This is the way

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    First show I saw was probably Tim Noah when he preformed at my elementary school way back when.
    Last show I saw was Gunther and the Sunshine Girls.

19. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    Yeah, I don't do as many as I used to at Uni any more, living 5 min walk from Bradford Rio's during '98-'02 meant I saw many a quality band for next to nothing! Also, from the age of about 6 til I left home I went to about 5 gigs a year with my parents, heheheh. I couldn't even try and add them all up to be honest.

The DragonForce gig in Manchester, with Turisas, the day before my birthday? I may see you there...

:) 

20. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Too bad it doesn't include time travel back to 1989.