So I had decided I wasn't going to buy any Animated figures....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Velcrohead, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

I mean, I seriously wasn't going to buy any of the Animated toys. I had decided I didn't like the character design or aesthetic at all.

But somehow, after staring at the display, picking them all up, looking at them, holding them, taking them in....

Damn you, Hasbro. Damn you to hell.

Oh well, I guess now I'll have to set up a whole 'nother shelf, because these babies are mine.

2. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    same for me but they rock! :rock 

3. BarBoBot

BarBoBot Well-Known Member

I had only planned on a few figures from the line, but I have bought almost all of them already:cry 

4. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I too made the decision to not buy any TFA figures and hold off for Universe/Classics 2.0to buy new transformers. That said I have only seen pictures of the on-line and not held a package in store and been tempted, but I am pretty sure I will hold my ground and not be collecting TFA. I plan on sinking all that money I would have used on buying all the TFA figures to buy the BMF Millenium Falcon in July.

5. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was only going to get Starscream, and Bumble Bee. I now have deluxe Prime, Ratchet, Prowl (greatest transforming motorcycle ever!), Lockdown, Voyager Megs, Starscream, and Bulkhead!

6. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am trying my hardest to show some restraint when it comes to TFA. I'm passing on both BB and Prowl right now in the hopes of getting the Walmart BB 3-pack and a samurai sidecar Prowl at some point in the future.

Right now, I've been really good in that I've only bought Lockdown and Grimlock, but passing up Lugnut was hard enough the first time, and almost impossible the second time. I don't know how much longer I can hold out...

7. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    Be prepared to face the problems they come with.

8. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I wasn't going to either, however the show is good! It pulled me in and I want the damn things! I got SS and the Prime Megs two pack. Once my bank account gets filled again on payday I will get some more! :) 

9. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Aside from a loose screw in Starscream's arm mine have been fine.

10. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    The problem is, according to practically every TF related forum now boasting mutiple threads from tons of members specifically about Animated's QC issues, getting a *good* figure out of this line is as rare as it used to be to get a stinker out of the other lines. Seems that for every one-off Classic or Alt we got with some shitty paint issues or assembly errors, Animated is the complete opposite with the bad batches of figures clearly outweighing the good ones.

My thinking is that if I ever do change my mind and decide to buy this line, I will never mailorder them and will possibly even wait to see if Hasbro re-releases the first waves later on with all the QC problems corrected.

11. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I originally wasnt interested in Animated either, but I think the show is the best we've gotten yet (granted BW might be better, but I havent seen most of it. Besides, TRUKK > MUNKY) and so now I'm considering the toys as well. It's almost funny how they work; at first, Blackarachnia stood out as an "even if I wanted to buy Animated, she just looks mediocre" figure. But now I look at pictures and think "she might just be what causes me to hop into Animated!"

At this point, the only thing holding me back is having no money :lol 

12. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I was only getting Grimlock and Leader Megs...but yeah. God damn addiction. Now I have Grimlock, Voyager Megs, Blackarachnia, Prowl, Ratchet and Lockdown. I like all of them well enough except Lockdown.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I don't know if you're mis-informed, or just grossly exaggerating. ONE of my eight Animated figures has QC. ONE. You'd be surprised how many people have good QC with their figures. the only reason it seems like there's more stinkers than shiners, is because people who have bad QC voice their issues, while most people who have fine QC don't bother mentioning it.

Still, Animated is hardly how bad the movie line was. I can't even remember seeing a fig who didn't have some paint splotch or mis-aligned tampo'ed symbol.

14. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    That's a good point. But to be fair, when there's like 16 pages on one forum, then another 8-10 on another forum, etc. all exclusively talking about the QC problems, topped with my own experience of every single one being bad enough to warrant returning, it's not hard to see why it appears the bad outweigh the good. Or maybe I've just been really lucky with other lines by never getting any lemons... haha. Who knows.

15. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If you sez so. I've got several now and haven't seen any QC issues worse than in the movie line, Classics, Cybertron, Energon, Henkei, BW 10th anniversary, Botcon, etc.

Frankly, I've been more annoyed with my Henkei Astrotrain with two left thighs.

16. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

I bought the Optimus and Megatron "Battle Begins" 2-pack with DVD. Contains the first episode of Animated. I haven't noticed any QC issues with either figure, though I must caution that due to Megatron's skinny legs (and the fact that they fold up in his alt mode) he wants to collapse under his own weight when posing. Eventually I found a pose that distributed the weight somewhat evenly.

Other than that, no real complaints.

17. glancer

glancer Dinobot

i'm passing this line. i was about to get blackarachnia, prowl and grimlock, but i gave up. having a few toys from one line always makes me buy other characters to match them when displayed. so, i ll save up some for Universe, or just to get something off Ebay that i wanted for long.
    :) 

18. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

its hard not to give in! :thumbs2: 

19. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Mostly for budgetary reasons I'm passing on most of the line, I picked up the 2pack of Prime and Megs (LOL, what other pack is there?), and I'm quite satisified. All the joints are tight, the paint sharp, these are two great figures.

I'm planning on getting Skywarp and Magnus. I'll probably get Lockdown though, he does look rather cool.

20. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

When I first heard of Animated Transformers I thought what a Goofy Concept for my favorite Collectible. Then I saw the first pictures of th etoon and was even more put off. Now after watching the series and seeing the toys first hand I am a true fan and wont stop till I have them all.