So I had a bad day

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JunkionExchange, Feb 22, 2006.

1. JunkionExchange

JunkionExchange Banned

Well I work noghts at a gas Station. Usually the Job is Gravy. I stock up or the other guy stocks up and we play on the Internet all night. Well last night this all changed We got Robbed. Usually I don't mind it as much as Ive been robbed 7 times before but the guy i was working with has not and actually struggled with the guy and got shot. In all the guy got away with $36 and a row of quarters. So I'm answering questions and rewinding tapes when the store security comes in. he asks to talk to me. I follow him to the offics and he starts questioning me like I was at fault for what happened. he asks why i didn't help the guy why i just gave the guy the money. And if I knew the importance of Job Security. Instead of asking if the other employee was alright and what he can do to help he actually tried to make me feel guilty about it. So now Im here questioning myself could I have helped should I of have. I don't know all in all I had a bad day

2. shifty02

shifty02 This is the way

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    It's ALWAYS been said that in those types of situations, just hand over the money to the thief. Getting shot over 36 bucks is NOT worth it.

I don't think there's anything you could have done that would have prevented the other employee getting shot if he was struggling w/ the thief.

-Shifty

3. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

Whats your job description again, store clerk or security? No, you shouldn't feel guilty.

4. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Oh yeah you should get shot because your co-worker is a ****** and fought a guy with a gun over $36. Even worst the crazy robber shot a guy over $36 COME ON PEOPLE this is what life has come to! :cry 

5. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Wait, you've been robbed 7 times? Where the hell do you work?

6. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not your fault your coworker fought the guy..

7. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Should have told him you didn't resist the robber, because you're not store security. Then, commend the guy on arriving just after the nick of time. :rolleyes: 

8. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

That would have been my last day at that place. That security guy sounds like a dick. Hope all turns well for you.

9. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    With most companies even store security is strictly forbidden to get into a physical confrontation with a robber/shoplifter. Being injured on the job by an attacker opens the employer up to huge lawsuits.

10. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

My personal policy is to look for a better job after the 6th robbery.

11. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire Yamato is go! ;D

Any job I've ever had in the past that delt with money, I was told, "If someone comes in demanding money and threatens you bodily harm, hand over the cash. Money can be replaced, lives cant."
    Tell store security to go fuck a sheep. It was 36 friggin dollars. Aint now way I would get shot for that.

12. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

Well you could get robbed a thousand times and never get shot. I think sticking around until you get shot once is appropriate. I mean, anything less than that just shows a complete lack of self respect or pride. :rolleyes2  :rolleyes2 

Seriously though, there is nothing you should have done differently. It isn't worth $36 to defend the register. I'm suprised that your coworker even tried to stop him. I mean, even if there were $1000 in the register I still wouldn't put up a fight. If the store owner has a problem with that then I would have no problem calling all the news stations in town and telling them that there was some scumbag convenience store owner telling his employees to risk their lives for his money.

13. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

i'm don't have anything to add, other than get another job dude! the 8th time YOU could get shot.

14. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Personally I would have been outta there by the 3rd or 4th.

But that's only cause I'm a coward.

15. JunkionExchange

JunkionExchange Banned

Well I may have to go job hunting I am been told that I may have to go to a company review board to talk about the robbery and my actions /non actions during the robbery. they say they have me on camera just standing there not trying to help the other guy while they were fighting. Either way this being #8 in 4 yrs I think its enough.

16. Glhboy

Glhboy Goes Like Hell....

News Credits:
    show us proof of this robbery, I call BS. It would be in the paper somewhere, so give us a link. :peoples: 

just kidding! :D