So I guess finding Vehicon at retail is impossible

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by HoosierDaddy, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    It could be tricky , but nothings impossible. I bought 2 off of ebay , only to realise thats its stupid expensive if I wanted to troop build these. So then I went to walmart upon opening time on 3 different occasions. I found 1 each time I went. If you really want something bad enough , you'll find whatever means possible to get it. Im a firm believer in that.

2. Taziir

Taziir Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Didn't want to wait for if / when UK retailers to start getting these so went straight to ebay. Didn't pay much more than retail would have been, very happy :) 

3. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    i found a CV vehicon at Target

4. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Yep.

5. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I found a lone deluxe Vehicon at walmart the other day. Still on the hunt for one more.

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    For realz :lol 

7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I'm holding out for Case 4 to hit. All I can find around me are BB's and the occasional Cliffjumper. Case 4 being possibly the most balanced release wave in a long, long time (1X all characters except 2X Vehicon, and NO BUMBLEBEES) could help people in finding what many are calling the best figure in the line so far.

Considering how much you hate Transformers Prime in general, getting you to accept something from the line as at least passable is worthy of an award or something.

:lol 

Frankly, that actually sounds pretty cool. If NEST makes a clone of Optimus Prime and it's black, who's to say they couldn't make an army of evil Bumblebees? And then they end up fighting an army of vehicons.

That would be so awesome.

8. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Far from it good sir, you deserve a medal for your efforts to reduce the swarm.

9. Wolfdawg

Wolfdawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd say be patient as well. I found mine a few weeks ago and others in my area have reported finding the figure. Plus, as others have said, it's going to be double packed in the next wave with Airachnid. Give it a few weeks and it'll be easier to find.

The problem, however, is that there are a lot of people buying 2, 3, 4, and even 5 of this guy for troop building purposes. I never understood the concept of troop building, buying the exact same figure multiple times. But all these troop building collectors are making it much more difficult to find this guy. I just bought one, and I intend to get the Jet Vehicon as well. If Has/Tak decides to do a Miner Vehicon as well, that'll be 3 Vehicons with different molds. Bam! That's how I troop build!

10. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    I found one just by per luck. So perhaps you might get lucky as well one of these days.

11. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    i can't wait to find one, but i can wait, if you know what i mean.

I'm very excited, but I am not paying a cent more than retail for this figure. There are more important things in life.

12. zannus

zannus Well-Known Member

I'm getting closer to finding one myself. At first I was just seeing left over hotshots, now I am seeing Knockouts, soon Vehicon! I don't mind waiting till the later wave that much, I have the AM version on preorder at BBTS and it's remold, so I'll have it eventually in some form.

13. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Funny enough, the only Vehicon I've seen at retail was at Universal Studios. I'm not paying $22 for a figure I already have 5 of.

14. MPrime10

MPrime10 Boomsticks.

I was a lucky one. I found one on my first try.

15. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

Hard but not impossible. I have actually seen 2 in stores (1 per store). My friend got one from Target, and 2 days later I found another one at Wal-Mart. The trick to getting them from Wal-Mart is to find out what time they stock the shelves and go from there. I took a lunch break during that time from work, walked right into Wal-Mart and they had just put him onto the shelf. Then I did a trade on the Junkion Exchange for my next one. So I've got 2, and I plan to get my 3rd and final Vehicon once Wave 4 hits.

16. Vector Squidma

Vector Squidma Smalltime Casual

News Credits:
    It seems to boil down to luck, plain and simple. I've been looking for the past month for Vehicons, Knockouts, and Bulkheads, but the area around Savannah GA seems completely barren. I know I'll find one eventually, but in the meantime I just have to be patient and keep checking.

17. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly, I think we're just doing it wrong.

For things like this, we should really be hiding out behind the stuffed animals or something until the store closes, or at least camping in the parking lot if we're more afraid of things that go fluff in the night. That way when TRU opens with fresh stock, we can roll ourselves over to "boys toys isle 2" before the kidlets are even past their 1st recess.

18. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

Southern distribution suuuuuuucks. I mean it. Everyone else gets it first and the remainder just trickles on down to us. There's a sighting in CA and it takes a month + to get down to GA.

19. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
  20. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep.

Make that your homepage, and be sure to check it on your phone while pacing back & fourth in the isle. You can never be too persistent, at least not when Vehicons are involved.