So I guess finding Vehicon at retail is impossible

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by HoosierDaddy, Jun 9, 2012.

1. HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy Decepticon. I'm no hero

News Credits:
    Not that I drive around and look 24/7 but when i got to my local Wal mart they had the new case assortment. Few Hot Shots a couple Knockouts etc. It wasn't long before the case was put out. No Vehicon in sight. I heard that there will be 2 per case in a couple waves, if not I guess spending $30 on ebay is the only way to get it. What a shame, one for the best TFs ever made by looks and transformation and nobody can get there hands on it except those who either have deep pockets or too much time on their hands.

2. daddytron

daddytron Your mom is an oversized CHUG

I might be in a different area and all but i went to Walmart with my kids and found one today, around 7:00 pm. So take heart, it can be done! And they haven't even put out the wave with them double packed yet. I think it will get easier then. Personally I'm good with my one Vehicon but I may pick up another down the line for dual wielding in vehicle mode. Really a great figure, was afraid I would find it overrated but it deserves the love it's getting.

Packaging lies as there are no purple paint apps on the weapon as shown on the box.

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    You heard correctly, as this figure will be coming up in later cases.

However, the more people post about not finding them only fuels scalpers, imo.

4. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Using the sightings section for my area I was able to pick up my first one today.. Hopefully I can get 2 more and be done with it...

5. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I found one.... it's taller than I expected in bot form but still disappointing articulation wise.
    But what do I care. It's role in my Generations collection will only be to serve as butler anyway....

Don't want anymore.

6. Superquad7

News Credits:
    I painted up 3 Bumblebees black for drones. I hope the fandom doesn't hate me for destroying such a rarity.

7. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

Hardly impossible to find. You just need to be patient and persistent. I have three, two of which were gifts, and all of which were found at retail. I know at least two other people who also found theirs at retail in other parts of the county, and San Diego is a scalper haven at times.

Patience. Even if you don't find them right away, the Wave 4 Revision will help saturate the aisles a little.

8. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Today I walked in to a walmart at random, it was 6pm, and the store was packed. I walked to the toy section. Found a vehicon and bought it.

Tons of people are getting there hands on vehicons. That's why there hard to find. Being impatient and creating another damn thread about this topic accomplishes nothing.

Some one beat you to a $13 toy.

Big Deal

There are so many ways to make sure you get hard to find figures and it gets real annoying to hear lazy people complain about it.

You can preorder.

Buy by the case.

Pay a little bit extra on ebay

Check stores at openings.

Communicate with other local collectors

Make friends with store employees

If all else fails be patient

But dont make zero effort and complain that you cant get a super hot toy that your not even "trying" to find

9. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I advocate patience - I thought I never see Soundwave or Vehicon in my country but I managed to find them at retail no less.

10. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Either patience, or take a couple days to determine stock days if you need to have it now. Walmarts (at least the 4-5 that I will frequent) bring out the new pallets at 10:30-11pm at night. I get out of the gym at that time and hit up the two on the way home. If there is something on the pallet that I want, I kindly ask the nearest person stocking if they can open the case and offer to stock the remaining figures.

When I used to frequent Target and TRU (I got sick of the hunt and havent gone to either in over a month), it pays to know the stock days. Most employees will volunteer this information, so you don't have to prowl around for a week to figure them out. In the "off season" the TRU near me stocks one day a week (strangely on Mondays last I knew), and Target stocks twice a week.

With TRU, you can call or stop in the night before stock is coming in with the stock number and ask if that item is on the manifest. Now that will only let you know that a case of that figure (prime deluxe is coming in), but generally it is the most current wave. If it is, you better be damn sure you are there at opening the next day.

With Target, you gotta get there at opening as well on stock days. The Target mobile finder only really helps if the DPCI goes from "Out of stock" or "Limited Stock" to "In Stock". But you have to beat the Hotwheels collectors to the toy aisle. Also, use the scan things at Target to see if there are more in the back room. If there are, ask an employee if they can check (electronics people seem to be the most helpful), but this is hit and miss. I like to point out that all they have had are 20 BBs on the pegs for the last two weeks.

Sorry for the long post, but I hope this helps, and good luck in your quest.

11. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    good things come to those who wait but faster yet to those who take

3 points to who ever names what game i took that from

12. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    Are people certain that revision case is going to be widely distributed at retail?
    Or even released to retail at all?

13. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Nothing in this hobby is "certain", but there are tons of places right now one can order said cases.

I think what I'm seeing is too many people making too huge of a fuss here. As said earlier, it's not helping the problem. If anything, I still contend that it's facilitating it.

14. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I gave up the hunt a while ago and just pulled the trigger for one on eBay. And as good as the Vehicon is, I didn't regret paying extra one single bit.

Unfortunately, it's too good. So I continue hunting in the hope I'll find a couple more :D 

15. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Well, I'd sooner expect to see you get fruit baskets than hate for doing that, but then again, the TF fandom is just as weird as any, so... :D 

16. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Amazing, I actually found them once, then I skipped them for Hot Shot. :D 

17. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've found it three times just by popping into stores when I was in the area. Just gotta hit the store at the right before all that's left is Hot Shot!

18. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

Wow you're very insensitive, I'm sure he has made a reasonable effort to find one. He may not have the deep pockets needed to buy a whole case on EE or BBTS. He may not have the cash to pay 30+ over retail on Ebay or Amazon.

I was fortunate to found one, after searching 5 stores that are close to me for two weeks, so far only the 1 has been seen, I just found my first Dreadwing yesterday, still no other vehicons. And then we have the collectors who feel entitled to buy all of them on sight -if, there are multiples to be found. Some of your suggestions are good ones, I was about to resort to trying to make friends with store employees.

The good thing is yes, a new case assortment is coming with vehicons 2X. Thanks, Hasbro for reacting. I hope that case makes it out there and people buy the hell out it. Maybe that will send a message to Hasbro that quality figures are more important than overstocking BumbleBee.

Personally when I go to the store and see the racks deep in BB in every retailer it would seem to me that the stores would tell Hasbro whats going on. The other problem is retailers buying TOO much of a particular wave. This issue is why the last wave of figures hardly ever makes it to the market. Which worries me because Hasbro always makes something awesome in that last wave.

19. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

Hot shot is selling well actually from what I've seen.

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Unless Hasbro decides to never put the Vehicon in any case assortments ever again then a bit of patience might be the key. Every hotly scalped items has burned out as scalpers move on to the next big thing so as long as Hasbro is willing to slip a Vehicon into the cases at some point you will be able to find the figure with relative ease.