So I got the RROD today...and it still works???

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by 03Mach1, May 28, 2008.

1. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yep. Top left and bottom two red lights flashing and the box shut off. I unplugged the power supply and plugged it back and it's working...for now. What gives? I thought it was one and done.

2. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    The real RROD is when all by the upper right quadrant light-up red.

The 360 will still flash certain combinations of red light to signify various other hardware failures; the RROD being the fatal one. I'm not sure which one you got, but I'm sure it can be google'd.

3. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    It isn't always one and done. I had one pop up after a power failure / surge in the town. My 360 went into RRoD. Once power came back up the 360 was fine.

4. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

Yea I've had that happen too, if the power chord is just slightly pulled of out the outlet it will red ring on you, but it's not the fatal one.

Scared me to death the first time it happened to me, then mine RRoD for real a month or two later.

5. Max-prime

Max-prime Supreme-Commander

News Credits:
    Same thing happened to me yours might be on the way out ... be prepared.

6. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm a tad confused then. It was definitely the upper left quadrant (controlller 1)and the botton two that were lit up. All lights on the ring except for the top right light were lit. I googled it and that looked like it was the dreadful one. Oh well...nothing I can do but play on.

7. AutobotMaximal

AutobotMaximal Becoming vintage, day by day

Damn, dude. I thought you'd never get one of the cursed RR'sOD. I guess none of us are immune. This is on your Halo console?

8. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    Yeah, I've survived 3 red rings thus far.

Pretty shitty knowing the end is coming.

Good to hear yours made it too!

9. AutobotMaximal

AutobotMaximal Becoming vintage, day by day

I was lucky. My first 360 did it the first week I got it. I was able to take it back to the store for replacement and haven't had the same trouble since. The sad part is that my second console is an older version. Go figure.

10. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

My 360 did that turned out it was the hard drive that came with it. I then had to buy a memory card in order to save progress. After a little while I traded it in for store credit at Gamestop seeing as I have a PS3.

11. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

trust me its on the way out

why the f**k havent microsoft fixed this damn problem yet! its been almost 2 years and yet they STILL release faultly consoles out there? WTF are they really such tight fisted bastards that they WONT sure decent soldering Irons and materials and attach the pins on the motherboard correctly? i mean if they did this with PC mortherboards then people would be going f**king crazy because EVERYONES pc would be dead within 5 months yet the XboX360 is cursed with problems yet everyone puts up with it?

seriously sell the shit and get a playstation 3 because not only does it load much quicker but theres hardly been any reports of porblems with that which is odd considering the problems the ps2 had. Maybe Sony have wised up this time around while microsoft have chosen to be arseholes about the whole situation. BURYING YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND DONT FIX THE PROBLEM MICROSOFT!

sorry im just real mad because i got a 360 on the day of launch and have had the rrod 4 times! i punched the thing on my 4th time and sold it for a playstation 3 and have never looked back. At least the ps3 DOESNT demand you spend ANOTHER 500 on a HDTV plasma screen just so you can play your games right and read the damn text (dead rising anyone)

12. Nexus Prime

Nexus Prime Creation is proof.

Hey Mach, why don't you rip some leafs off your money tree and buy a new one, you rich bastard. :tongue: 

I got a previously "fixed" 360 a week or two ago after sending mine in. Got the RROD a couple of days after. I unplugged everything and its been working fine since. For now.

13. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

trust me i anit rich, if i DID have a money tree i would give most of the money to people who needed it like people who suffer with cancer.

I just work a damn lot and suffer for it, remember the futurama episode were Fry drinks 100 cups of coffee and he gets seriously edgy, well thats pretty much me because of lack of sleep thanks to my craptastic job. So i use the money to get things that can relax me alittle but usually most technology these days is just a joke. I mean back when we were all kids we could by a MegaDrive/Genesis and have no problems with the thing for over 10 years! buy a console today and its dead within 1 year and thats IF your lucky to get a single years usage outa the things.

My orginal Xbox has been the best console ive ever had. Can store craploads of data, no need for mem cards all the time, loads games VERY quickly, great graphics and yet microsoft just gave up on it.......come to think of that i guess thats why the 360 is riddled with problems, i guess microsoft dont actually care unless they have OUR cash in THERE pockets now

14. Nexus Prime

Nexus Prime Creation is proof.

Sorry, but that money tree line was for 03Mach1, the topic starter. He knows what it means. But, yeah the problems on the 360 are ridiculous.