So, I got my hair cut today

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheIncredibleHulk, Mar 29, 2007.

1. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Went to Walmart to get my hair cut today. The girl who cut it last time, did a pretty good job, decided to go back. So, I walk in, and I'm greeted by a different lady this time. I should have walked right out at this point. Something didn't seem right with her. Maybe it was the fact that her own hair looked screwed up, she had this long patch of hair covering her right ear, but her other ear was uncovered. Looked all lopsided. Ok, so I'm sitting in the chair, and she gets the clippers out. I'm watching her, and she's shaking like crazy. Like she has Parkinson's or something. I was afraid she's cut me with scissors or give me a bald spot with the clippers. Didn't get it as short as I usually get it, didn't want to sit there any longer than I had to. Don't think I'll ever go back there though.

2. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    You can get a haircut at Wal*Mart? :confused: 

3. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's your first problem.

4. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

The women at the SmartStyle or whatever it is in my local WalMart do a great job.

I don't understand why people get a haircut from someone they're not comfortable with. If they're shaking, why sit down in the chair? There's a reason girls and their complicated hair have one set person. I have an easy haircut, but if someone cuts it and I don't like it, I simply don't have them cut it again.

5. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

Friggen Walmart??? Was Family Dollar booked up? Seriously you need to find a Barber Shop (not Great Clips, or some womans salon) preferably one with old guys in it that have been cutting hair for 30 years or so. Those are the guys that actually went to barber school and know what they are doing...Those guys are ace and won't mess up your hair.

6. Razerwire

News Credits:
    This is the first time I've heard that you could get a haircut at a Wal*Mart. It's astounding to me for some reason.

But as for my haircuts, I've been going to the same place, same person for years.

I do have one pet peeve though. I always get my hair cut by Asian stylists only. I've tried many non-Asian stylists and they just can't cut Asian hair for some reason.

After a while I just gave up and went to Asian stylists only.

7. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Haircuts at Walmart? This is the first I've heard of it.

Also, we need more real barbers in this country. I have not one around me.

8. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

It's the same thing as the Vision Centers or banks inside a WalMart - it's not like you're paying WalMart to cut your hair, it's just a regular hair stylist shop that rents out of WalMart instead of being in a strip mall or in their own brick and mortar.

9. honestgabe

honestgabe I

I too just got a haircut yesterday, but mine is fucking sweet. The ladies are loving it. I totally did something different and got it way short. Looks real cool with sideburns and a five o'clock shadow.

10. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I haven't had a haircut in over a decade.

11. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Thats why we dont go get our hair cut at the Walmart. Go to the Barber Shop man, old school style!

12. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

So what you're saying is I can go to Walmart, do my shopping, eat lunch at subway, go to the bank, AND get my haircut in one place??? It's Xanadu!

13. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I cut my own hair - I bought one of those electric clippers that looks like it should be used to shear sheep for about $20 and I just put the #2 guard on it and go to town!

14. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    same here. I got tired of paying $20+ for a haircut.

15. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

I go to a stylist. I don't trust First Choice or any other "drive through haircut" service anymore. Not since...the incident.

16. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

This is why I go with a buzz cut.

17. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

I went to a local barbershop one time and the old barber starts talking to me about how he's been sober for x number of years. This leads into a conversation about what he was on. This in turn brings up his extended jail time. Which of course then leads into a conversation about why he went to jail. At this point he asks, "Have you ever seen that movie Scarface?" I replied, "Of course." He responds with, "Yeah, I was the Mexican Tony Montana, seriously." So this leads into the conversation about money, drugs, whores and the two SWAT teams that raided his hideout and arrested him and the gang.

Good times.

18. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Check. I get it close as I can, then wifey finishes it up. I prefer having lots of hair, but the amount I like looks way too damn unprofessional, so I go for the quick, cheap, and easy.

And got a seperate set of clippers for my pits, pubes, and puppy dogs. Word.

Hey, but them old school barbers are pretty cool. Blew my mind first time a barber busted out the straight razor and shaved me without being asked.

19. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Why does that sound strangely racist but somehow politically correct?

20. Razerwire

News Credits:
    But I've TRIED to go to non-Asian stylists! They all failed miserably! For some reason they can't get a fade right on an Asian head!

I get my haircut like every two and a half weeks. I wish my hair wouldn't grow that fast.