so i got first strike optimus prime yesterday

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by optimus major, Mar 26, 2008.

1. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    and i got to say he easily became my favorite movie fig over all.....except maybe ironhide....and i even have landmine (he is neat but not as wickid as everyone said)

that is one purdy truck mode

okay now i got a question pertaining to his mold and then the original ratchet

it seems just a few weeks after the movie was released...ratchet was pulled from the shelved intirely....i mean only ratchet for months was the green one

and then there is the mass release voyager prime (with flames). he too...disappeard...it was so bad that he is the only movie fig that is mass release that i have never seen in real life. anyone know the prob with this?

2. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    probably a cross between Scalping and the typical Movieline drought

3. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    that is what i figured....but then a memory comes into play for ratchet.....a store managed to get some cases in and i watched (this has happened like three times) and not a single ratchet....now there are million of the things here at my wal-mart....either hasbro kept them back like the jetfire/grimlock fiasco (what the hell was going thru their minds during that) or they now decide to make them or something

4. Bjjer

Bjjer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I only saw movie OP once, and bought it. FSOP I see everywhere, same with rescue ratchet.

5. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Stores in my area are putting out the original Voyagers again. Ironhide goes pretty fast, But Starscream and the original Ratchet have been sitting around for awhile.

6. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Here in Canada Ratchets were abound (but not as much as the ironhide/SS/megs voyager wave) but the first voyager Prime was indeed the only other truly rare item than 08BB.

I agree on Landmine btw, good, but not AMAZING (aka over-hyped)

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I still see him, you know i almost lost a Leader class optimus because of him.

Don't ask.

8. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    i think its regional.it took almost 3 months to find voyager prime and now they are everywhere.rachet was plentiful out here when they were released but the repaint is very hard to find.

its wierd in california how we get figs sometimes.like the bulkhead i found in kmart.

9. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ditto on the regional.
    last year, movie TFs here en masse (stores had the Official TF launch thing going) but after that initial wave, we got sporadic shipments.

classics around here were complete hit or miss.
    I only saw 3 classic figures down here: an Optimus, one Bumblebee, and a jetfire i (expletive) passed on because i was short of dough.

anyhoo, now, we got more starscreams and megs than we can tolerate, and for some reason, the only figs warming the shelves are Decepticreeps.

as of yesterday, TRU still has pegs filled with em and only about 4 autobots altogether- talking about all lines from FAB to Leader class.

10. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    I never saw a shortage of Leader Primes, but I can definitely vouch for the Voyager Prime shortage. When I finally did see him I was really underwhelmed. I picked him up and said to myself, "it has to be because he's cheaper than MLP that he's so hard to find."