So I Go Into Walmart>>>>>>

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Red Alert, Jun 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    wtf henkeis? i want the henkeis for $20!

2. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    that one is mine that i recreated the scene with:D 

3. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    I would have bought the Starscream, just because I don't have one.

4. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    wal-mart sucks when it comes to this they never look

5. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just find it funny that the guy put the "right" characters into the packages, like that makes any difference whatsoever.

It's like he's trying to justify it with himself: "Well, I bought a Grimlock and returned a Grimlock so it's not so bad." Or like the customer service person would look at the Animated box that reads Starscream and then look in the box and recognize the toy as Starscream... but not realize it's not the same Starscream.

It would hilarious if it just wasn't so downright despicable...

6. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You see, I kind of get the idea behind WalMart just taking anything back. Like it's just not worth it to get into the hassle with these smarmy cretins. By not being challenging in accepting returns, they don't really have to worry about alienating people and losing potential future business. Plus, to them the fraction of people who do this and the loss it generates doesn't even make a dent in their overall mega-profits

What I'll never understand is WalMart actually restocking this crap. I mean, anybody with enough basic mental capacity to fill out an application and hold a job can see that this is the wrong merch and should not be restocked. Plus, the possibility of people going to Walmart and finding garbage on the shelves definitely has the potential to alienate people and cause loss of future business. I guess that isn't enough to make a dent into the mega-profits, either, which just cuts to the core of the problem with the WalMart corporate mindset: They just don't care.

7. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    I've worked for Wal-Mart,they just don't give a damn.

The one I worked at took a Craftsman tool box as a return.What kind of moron takes a Craftsman back that has the SEARS logo on it?????

8. Coaxial

Coaxial Hop on the beam

Man, in all my years scouring aisles for different stuff, I've never seen anything like that. Stolen stuff, yes (i.e., remnants of packaging tucked away after theft was successful - or sometimes just lying right out in the open, like an Animated Lockdown somebody ganked from my local TRU). Even mispackaged items (upside down in package bubble, or turned the opposite way, somehow still fitting the shell).

What's even worse is that parents who might not know any better would likely still buy those for their kids - kids who would also likely know it didn't look correct from watching the show in a devoted fashion, only to tell their parents as much, who'd somehow argue "but it's the only one they had - be happy you have THAT one." ARGH.

9. T-money

T-money Cake is good

News Credits:
    wow - that's amazing.

You could probably crap in a box, return it to Walmart and they would accept.

10. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    Hey...now, that's an idea!!

:ev: 

11. Coaxial

Coaxial Hop on the beam

:lolol 

Someone should try that. I personally couldn't without laughing hysterically while waiting for the cops to arrive.

12. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    just say it's a rock lord:lol 

13. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Man I worked for Walmart briefly in college. Damn people would walk up to the service desk, TAKE THE SHOES OFF THEIR FEET, and demand a refund. And they'd get their money back, and walk out barefoot.

14. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

The same thing happened to me at a Walmart - likely the same Walmart that you went to. I was so ecstatic to finally find a Starscream and rushed to buy it. Once I got home to open it though, I was surprised to find that the box had already been opened and that the toy had already been used. Aside from very loose fingers on the right hand, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it thankfully. With scalpers starting to clean house like this, I'll have to take what I can get.

15. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Exactly, that's probably the only good thing about our retail.

If it's not broken and the package is opened, sorry, no returns!

16. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

wait, wait, wait, wait, wait

you mean to tell me, that there are people so despicable in the world that they buy something, put somethin else in its box and return it for a refund, and there are stores so despicable that they'll actually take them back?

that is ridiculous, i thought when you return someting, it goes back to the manufacturer, not back on the shelves.

thats why i don't go to p.o.s. walmart. i guess i'll have to be careful when i go in for the exclusive bumblebee threepack.

17. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    it's not walmarts fault, it's the person giving the refund. You can't expect them know what everything or what comes in what package, they're only human. still they could at least check the box and see if the product matches but i guess they take the whole "product may vary" a little too loosely. I'd never return something in places of another item, besides I like classics Grimlock better than animated Grimlock.

18. Optimus Peev

Optimus Peev Banker Bot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That is some stupid crap.....

A few days ago, I saw the animated two pack that had the classics two pack deluxe prime and a deluxed sized UNICRON (from energon or cybertron?) in the place of megs. I too mentioned it to the toy associate (who did remove it)...what's worse is that it was right next to a bundle of good 2-packs...and no one picked up on this??

People who would do that...I don't care what your reason is....are scum. Worse than scalpers in my opinion......and that says something!!

19. bhaalistik

bhaalistik Shockwave's Love-child

All it should take is a call to the toy dept from the return desk to verify that the toy is what is supposed to be in the package. But, as someone pointed out already, WM is so big that something like this happening is pretty small potatoes...gawd forbid they hire someone that knows their inventory :rolleyes: 

20. masterjetfire

masterjetfire Dying Grad Student

Target Guy: Any reason your returning this

You: Umm, it Melted

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.