So i finally saw It's a Wonderful Life.....

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Autovolt 127, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    So i finally see this movie for the first time last night and wow this movie was really damn good.

I've always herd people say this film is one of the all-time best christmas films and a classic, I didn't believe people that it was that good but i was wrong it was a pretty damn good film.

First of all, I really like James Stewart's portryal of George Bailey. James's an amazing actor, I really liked the charecter, I understood what Bailey was going through, his thinks he's failed himself and everyone when loses his money and thinks the world's better off with him dead but then to see that if he was never born affected the lives of everyone he knew.

I also really like the concept of the guardian angel and they must earn there wings, The story is like the Christmas Carol story. Although some differences it's really about a man being haunted by the "supernatural" over decision he may or may not do.

My only complaint about the film is that it takes about 2 hours to cut to the chase with Bailey comtemplating killing himself, I understand he has a elaborate backstory but i think some of it could have been trimmed down a bit. *BTW i forgot to mention It was on TV so with commercial it's two hours at this point.*

Aside from that the Movie was really good. The Bad Guy Potter was real mean son of a gun, he took his money and tried to have Bailey pinned for it. Real Mean guy, I love knowing that Bailey is the only thing that stopped him from taking over the town.

I really liked the ending. It was extremley satisfying film. I really liked the two lines said at the end, "Everytime a bell rings an angels gets its wings" and "Remember no man is a failure who has friends." Great lines to live by.

This is now one of my all-time favourite Christmas films, It's also my second favourite black and white film after King Kong.

If i had to rate the film, 9/10 Great classic but a bit too damn long in a way.

2. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    The only reason it gets shown like it does is because the copyright ran out; it wasn't renewed properly so it fell into public domain.

3. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I love this film too, looking forward to my annual viewing in a few days.

4. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The wife and I watched this film last weekend. Very enjoyable holiday classic with great performances all around.

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    ummmmm what?

I don't quite follow.

6. MicroZone21

MicroZone21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The movie was a box office dud when it was released, so when the time came to renew the copyright, the bean counters at the studio let it go. No one owned the movie for years, so in the days of early cable TV in America, every low power local station & cable channel picked up the movie, since they didn't have to pay anyone for the rights to air it. After a few years, a once-forgotten movie had become a holiday classic, often airing every single day, on one channel or another, every day from Thanksgiving to Christmas. It became a Christmas tradition to watch this movie at least once every year.

In recent years however, the studio reclaimed the copyrights (not sure how), and the former tradition of it airing on every local station was replaced by a single airing of the movie every year one a single channel. For a few years it actually aired this way on NBC (the actual network, not on a local affiliate). I'm not sure who airs it now, but it's no longer in public domain.

7. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Every Year of my life I always fell asleep at the same part of the film.

10 mins after the angel came down and saved....Whatever his name was

That continued for 15 years....I still haven't seen the rest of the film