So I finally read Last Stand of the Wreckers..

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by General Magnus, Jul 4, 2010.

1. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

And holy shit it´s awesome. I love every issue and the sheer violence of the comics itself (gotta feel sorry for Pyro tho, that was kinda of an inglorious death).

Overall an awesome comic. :D 

2. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

Join the club. Wreckers was awesome.

Don't know if anyone else mentioned it, but the guys at the IDW panel at Botcon said that the creaters wanted to do a follow up somewhere down the line.

3. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

What a great series, loved every issue. I thought it was a bit daft though that Pyro opened the door to the Decepticons. Lots of great points and a great bodycount.

I'm hoping if they do a follow up it'll have the Mayhem Attack Squad.

4. Kungfu Dinobot

Kungfu Dinobot Well-Known Member

I don't whether whether I should buy the comic or not.:( 

It sounds trouser-shatteringly awesome, but it also means, besides supporting awesome, I'm also supporting a comic line that fucked itself worse in 5 years than Marvel/DC/*insert big name brand here* did in 60+

5. Nerdicon

Nerdicon Caffene=Energon

Ebay:
    Wreckers makes it all better.

6. Dys

Dys Bitter yellow dog.

News Credits:
    Buy it as it's rather excellent and it's authors need all the support they can get. If people don't support the few good titles we get from IDW these days and show them we support good writing, we'll be stuck with them pandering to the lowest common denominator until they finally render the license worthless.

7. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Best Transformers comic in years.

8. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I loved Overlord´s portrayal. He was a lunatic, but a very dangerous lunatic. I´d say he could have won against Megatron if the two clashed.

9. Grimlock1991

Grimlock1991 Well-Known Member

MAn i'm defintely getting the tradeback paaper for that series....

10. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Yes but this one is actually good, so maybe helping its sales will show IDW they should take there head out of there ass and get good writters, hell it could even lead to TF comic getting an editor that gives a flying fuck about the comic.

11. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Interesting...I've never really followed TF comics of any iteration. This could be a good start.

Would I need some sort of background/know what's going on before, or will my basic knowledge of G1 and G1 characters allow me to just pick this one up on-the-fly to enjoy?

12. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    All you really need to know is:

-In All Hail Megatron, the Decepticons were overtaking every Autobot outpost and winning the war. Megatron APPARENTLY died in the end.
    -Verity was a kid abandoned by her parents before discovering the Autobots on Earth. Since then she's sort of been abandoned by the "core Autobots" as well and has been living aboard various starships.
    -Perceptor's personality changed a bit before this comic to the point where he's a sniper now and talks very little, though he still does carry his old scientific know-how.

Anything else you should be able to pick up as you read along. Some other details could help SOME here and there, but it's a fairly self-contained story.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I was able to read all five issues thanks to a friend. I only had the once-over but wow, that kicked friggin' ass! Really gruesome but totally awesome characters.

14. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My local shop happened to have all five issues and I was like, what the heck, I'll do it. I dropped TF comics somewhere during one of the various *ation series... closed out my box, too - it was the only comic title I was still buying.

My ongoing complaint about modern comics still stands, in that I prefer ONE integrated series rather than dozens of one-offs and five or six-parters, but LSotW is the best thing to come out of IDW, for sure. Definitely a B+ in the writing department and A+ for featuring characters for which we've never had any meaningful fiction.

15. Grimlock1991

Grimlock1991 Well-Known Member

Transformers #8 is the worst in history and IDW has put on good stories until that issue...

16. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Support the Wreckers comic.

Show that you like THIS sort of writing by buying it. Show you do not approve of (whatever you don't like from IDW) by not buying those books. Given Wreckers only sold half as well (IIRC) as the ongoing, it needs all the help it can get.

17. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks! I'm a TPB guy though, so I'll wait on that (but definitely a buy now)

18. Kungfu Dinobot

Kungfu Dinobot Well-Known Member

I get 3 peeps telling me to get LSOTW, maybe I should:) 

I hope I can get it, though, comic shops are few and far between in Singapore..

19. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

Seconded. IDW's quality is all over the place, so they clearly need some guidance to figure out what's good and what isn't. And sales numbers are going to mean way more to a publisher than fan reaction, since it's easy to write off criticism if the actual sales don't reflect it.

AHM is currently the best-selling TF trade, but I'd love to see LSotW top it. Show us what you've got, trade-waiters!

20. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

where do people get comic/tpb sales numbers from?