So I finally got my Generations

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by General Magnus, Sep 15, 2010.

1. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I must say, after a year and half of buying Bayformers, it felt nice to actually have more traditional designs in hand. From Darkmmount to Drift, these classic Transformers have not disappointed me in the least. It feels good to go back to basics. I still like Bayformers, but these feel so nice.

Generations has become my favorite toyline, replacing Bayformers in the top 3 lines I like the most.

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Which ones did you get? What's your favorite?

3. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    Yeah, getting Drift and Thrust off of the bat was such a breath of fresh air. It's nice not to have characters that have metallic vagina's for faces. Though, I gotta say for a while, the ROTF line was putting out some sexy things (Mindwipe, Bludgeon, Brawm, Lockdown). Still looking forward to the next few waves, though I'm skipping WFC Prime and Bumblebee. I just don't like the look of those figures. Bumblebee has stilts and Prime just seems off, somehow.

4. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I got the entire first wave along with Darkmount. Right now, I can´t decide. Darmkount is awesome and I love SPGs, and Drift with the huge ass sword is also good. Both of these are my favorites.

After having Prime in hand, I can see why people don´t like him much. He´s too small. But the design overall is nice. And it´s still a Cybertron mode that doesn´t suck ass (I´m looking at you TT Optimus).

5. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I want Straxus like a fat kid wants cake.

I think he's going to be one of those figures that ends up not being terribly popular when he was released, but then you can buy a small house if you sell him on eBay years later.

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Awesome. I only have 5 right now all of wave 1 and WFC Megatron......The comnic store still doesn't have Darkmount but it just got released in Canada....so maybe never mind the comic store.

I love Drift and WFC Megatron....most but i still need to get my Darkmount.

7. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    is darkmount straxus?

8. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ Yes.

9. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Personally I've enjoyed the shift in aesthetics between the two. I like some of the things movieverse has brought to the table, and I like how classics have stayed true to the originals while refining them. I also liked the cartooniness of Animated, and how well each character complimented the lineup.

I think if Transformers had stuck with only one of these lines, things would have got stale quicker. Movie figures have suffered from this overexposure somewhat... they've done so many that people seem to get sick of seeing them everywhere. You do hear complaints from time to time. But I'd still put the best of that line up against the best of Generations or Animated.

Classics tend to hit the sweet spot. They don't have to fake complexity like the movie figures or recreate cartoon proportions like Animated. While I often admire those figures for overcoming those challenges, without such constraints, classics have more freedom to focus on coming up with something that works on its own terms.

10. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    Unlike some on here I really love the designs of WFC Prime and Bee,sure Prime was short
    but after looking in the kitbash page where someone posted an easy mod to lengthen
    Primes legs I did that and got an extra half inch or more height from Prime.As for bee the
    only problem with him is his arms,which I plan on modding too so they don't stick out so
    far from his body.But honestly I think they are some of the best Classics yet.I sure hope
    they do more WFC designs after Megs and Soundwave,I really want more like Screamer,
    Warpath,and the ultimate Trypticon tho I doubt he will ever happen.