So I fell off the wagon yesterday...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by rob_charb, Nov 2, 2009.

1. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

After about three, four months of not buying a single Transformer toy, I finally fell off the wagon yesterday.

I went out shopping with my wife, one of her sisters and her mum. While they were drooling over the shoes, clothes and whatnot, I took a trip up the toy floor and drooled over some of the non-RotF toys that were still sitting around on the shelves. To my surprise there was Animated Shockwave there. I drooled over it, put it back and wandered back downstairs to find the ladies. A little later on, as we were going back down past the toy floor, I swung by to take another look at Shockwave as I was still hemming and hawing on it, and my wife went with me. She thought ole Shocky was actually quite neat with his 4 modes and said I should get it. So I agreed, of course. :D 

Anyway, went up to the cash register to pay and it turned out they were having a deal on Animated figures: buy one get one free! So I walked away with Shockwave and Skywarp. Not too shabby!

As I was fiddling around with Shockwave for the better part of two hours last night, I was feeling both pleased at having a sweet new Animated figure to add to my collection, but at the same time, I had a bit of buyer's remorse. Anyone else tried to kick themselves of the habit, only to fall off the wagon a few months down the road and open the floodgates of buying again?

Also, Shockwave is so sweet!

2. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Thread title gave me a wacky thought.

We need a covered wagon transformer!

3. Grimlockprime16

Grimlockprime16 Me Grimlock King!

welcome back to the joy of plastic crack bro. lol

4. rob_charb

Heh...that would be kinda cool. Perhaps Kup? I can see him being a crotchety old wagon-former.

5. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's only logical that you should enjoy Animated Shockwave. He's a pretty damn awesome figure. I would so not get on that wagon again.

6. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't know how many times I've said to myself "I have everything I want now, and just have to wait for new releases I like..." these past few months of Movie-centric stuff, only to change my mind and find something else to buy, be it somewhat older stuff (Big Convoy, Alternators Silverstreak, a bunch of Cybertron stuff) or even slightly newer stuff that's still in stores(Movie Swerve, 3-inch Titanium Cliffjumper, Animated Sentinel Prime, Oil Slick and Lockdown, among others). If I were an alcoholic, I'd be falling off the wagon every few weeks.

7. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Nice pick ups... I never was able to find Skywarp in stores, had to get him online.
    Well, look at it this way, at least you didn't buy movie toys :thumb 

8. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    double post

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  9. SwindlesShop

SwindlesShop Kenny Power's drug dealer

News Credits:
    This. The only remorse I feel about the toys I bought are the movie toys (most of em) :banghead:  anyways Shockwave is a great find and don't forget to put him in hunchback mode :) 

10. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dude, in order to get on the p.a.c. wagon, you need to purge yourself of all figures.... You do this by selling them to me :D , hehehehe. Also, I just got you last pm bro. I'm so anticipating that package!!

11. kamuix

kamuix weeeeee

i think i can understand. when the rotf toys came out, i ended up buying almost everything i could find. i decided to stop as i blew a lot of mula for them. i decided to wait and get the ones i really wanted (like some minor scouts and what not). when the reissues came out, I broke and bought those (i've never had the chance to own g1 so its a great feeling to get some). i've stopped by target and saw the sale for 10 dollars, thrust and jazz. part of me said its 10 bucks, buy it. i had it in my hand for 10 minutes then said to myself, no better not and i was able to put it back.
    next day i saw devastator for 70 bucks, 20 less then target and tru. i told myself it looked like crap i wont spend money for it. but with that 20 bucks in the pocket i broke and bought it and grin everytime i hit the button and his mouth opens. right now im trying to stay sober and not buy anything till 2010 and thats when the new rotf stuff comes out. i can only hope how long i can stay sober.

12. rob_charb

I'm still debating whether to open up Skywarp or not. I didn't really want Skywarp all that much, but hey, it was free! :D  And the only other option was Atomic Lugnut.

The first thing I said to myself when I opened up Shockwave was to remember to hunch his back :D  Now I just have to find space for him on my Animated shelf...

13. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Is it really "buyer's remorse" when the figure was free?

14. rob_charb

When the figure I paid for was Shockwave and that's the one I opened up, yes, it is actually "buyer's remorse".

15. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    I got you beat bro. I just recently got the TRU Insecticons. My last purchase before that was at Botcon, when I got the Ultra Magnus vs. Skywarp boxset. So, it was roughly 5 months. :) 

16. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I... was talking about Skywarp. Sounded a bit like you didn't want the figure at all, free or not, there in your previous post.

17. rob_charb

Ah, my apologies, I misunderstood. I have no remorse about Skywarp, since it was free. I just wasn't bothered about getting it. Might keep it, might not, haven't decided yet.

18. ghowildseven

ghowildseven SG Decepticon

A great choice to get back into collecting.

19. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

i

I have seen a couple of Skywaros still around, althought, I will pay you exacly $1.00 for it, that is a 100% profit.

But really if you want to get rid of it, take it back to Wal-Mart and get the $19.99 for it.

20. rob_charb

That would be rather difficult, not to mention incredibly costly. Taiwan doesn't have Wal-Mart :D