So I bought my son...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by mblase, Feb 3, 2007.

1. mblase

mblase Well-Known Member

...for his 5th birthday, a pair of motorcycle Transformers (he's obsessed about motorcycles, not sure why, sure isn't my doing): Ransack GTS and Hightail. He liked his Hot Shot toy plenty so I figured these would be a sure thing.

Opened them, showed him how they work (after I spent some time figuring out Hightail w/o instructions), and banged them into each other for a while.

The end result was what I should have expected. He likes Hightail's Harley-Davidson mode a lot better than Ransack's Tron-lightcycle mode, and he much prefers it as a motorcycle than as a robot.

Oh well. Hightail's a bit of a pain to transform anyhow. It's annoying how the bigger toys can be so much easier to change.

2. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

yah hightail isn't the greatest... cool idea, but difficult transformation!

I like Ransack from the cartoon, and he's a descent bot.

3. Runamuck

Runamuck Swindle Knows Best

News Credits:
    Is he into cars any? If he likes Hotshot, maybe he'll like Downshift and Smokescreen too.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Is it just me or is Smokescreen a bitch to transform? I just got him, and I've succesfully been able to take him from car to bot and back again once. Peace out.

5. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got my nearly 3-year old daughter a Playschool GoBot that I lucked into. I was at a TRU just past Christmas, and the lady 2 customers in front of me returned it. I asked if I could buy it, and the rather surprised clerk said, 'Um...OK.' Total cost: 75 cents (including tax). She definitely prefers the ar mode, but likes that she has a 'transfermer' like Daddy.

-Tony!
    Raisin' tomboys.

6. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I bought a couple Playskool Go-Bots for my cousin's kids one Xmas - Speedbot and Gorillabot. Like they say, you can't control how a kid plays with a toy, no matter how much you might want to. Speedbot was a car toy, and remained that way, and Gorillabot was flown around the room while the kid yelled "BUHH.. ITE EAR!!" (Translation: Buzz Lightyear)