So I am transforming my prowl and...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Wolfwood390, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Wolfwood390

Wolfwood390 Resident TRU Emplyee

He is missing a shoulder blaster! Let me explain. I just bought the classics 2.0 Prowl and Sunstreaker. As I'm transforming Prowl for the first time I notice he only has his left shoulder blaster. I am 99% sure the other one was a lemon and not included because I had him on my desk from opening to transformation and I cant see it anywhere nearby, I didnt see anything fall and hear anything hit the desk.

I bought him from TRU and still have the receipt, you guys think I can exchange him?

2. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    Well duh

3. flamingunicron

flamingunicron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ya exchange that thing

4. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    in the toon he didn't have the blasters so if you want him this way, keep it. If you want the blasters exchange it.

5. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Exchange it now that he's available.

6. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    What he said. If the figure is incomplete or in some other way defective take it back and exchange it. That is why you get a receipt with purchase, in case there is a problem.

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, it's missing a piece so exchange it.

8. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    yeah...get a new one...dont try to keep it original to the toon and keep it without the blaster..ur just gonna devalue ur figure..if u want it toon accurate, get it changed and try removing the blaster and keep it safe :D  but i personally like how it is, with blasters..ok im done

9. Wolfwood390

mission is a success! went back and exchanged him. In and out in 2 minutes :)  I'm just wondering, how often does something like that happen? I know this is the first time its happened to me.

10. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It happens. The base truth is that the people working in the factory are only human, and are expected to do tons of these a day. They're going to miss a few, out of tens of thousands. This is how left/right parts get mixed up too. They grab their parts from big bins, so they just don't notice (and probably don't care, if they do, at their pay/piece rates) if they swap a hand or whatnot.

11. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Fortunately it's still a rarity, though it seems just about every new toy that gets released now has at least one person chime in with a QC issue.

12. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

My universe Prowl came missing the two screws that hold his chest/hood in place. Never got a chance to return him either. QC is getting ridiculous these days.

13. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    yeah...it doesnt happen too often, but when it happens once to urself, it seems too often anyway, if u get wat i mean..good that u got it changed

14. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Often with old school MISB collecting the QC issues create even rarer finds. But that only counts when they stay in package and it's visible. Otherwise yeah, out of package resell value would assume broken.

Keeping it toon accurate is easier just to have the blasters fold under the car roof. Keeps the toy intact, and lets him have the cannons if needed in battle. As suggested in the keeper's trilogy where they are used, but then transform back into body when not in use. So he maintains appearance, and still has them if he chooses to use them. =D

15. Wolfwood390

Well if you think about the QC issues as rare finds, you would have been able to see the blaster missing from in the package if you knew what to look for. I didn't know any better so i just opened it ab found out the hard way. When I went back and exchanged it I looked through the windshield to see that both were there.