So, I´m graduting this year...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by General Magnus, Jun 2, 2010.

1. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I´m finanly finishing my degree in International Relations in my University. There are a couple of classes I dunno if I can make them (will try exams later on), but so far, it´s my final year and then it´s unemplyment..Hooray!

Seriously tho, I´m looking at joining the army as a career choice, It´s a guaranteed job and with my degree I can try and join officer school from the go.

Three years went by so fast... lol

2. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

Congrats dude. Hope everything works out alright. :) 

What do you plan to do in the military? Just a soldier or something a bit more tech-related?

3. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hey if that doesn't work out you can always fall back on teaching!

4. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    an officer in the army with a degree in International Relations...
    if you got good communication skills (you got a foreign language under your belt, too) the army will offer you a lot.

i started college years ago with a guy who majored in Meso-American studies. He had 4 years of Spanish under his belt from private school before college and before he finished ENG101, the Army had him on speed dial.
    And the DEA showed interest soon after.

i may not know the intricacies of your degree, yet am pretty sure the army likes to have analysts handy. good luck!

5. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Not a bad idea... but not exactly my cop of tea TBH. My mother is a teacher and I see the sheer ammount of stress she has.

6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Congrats man, best of luck on the career journey. During the break you'll have spare time to do some mad researching.

7. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

I'm in the same situation... While I don't like the term "fall back" being applied to my future, I know it's a necessary evil.

Anyhow, my mother is a teacher too, and is constantly under enormous stress. However, as I have accumulated teaching experience, I firmly believe she puts most of it on herself. It's not so much what happens in class, it's the way she reacts to it. You have to roll with the punches and take comfort in the good you are able to do, and not worry so much about striving for the impossible. Some kids just don't want to be helped.