So, how hard to find (and expensive) are the "Classics" figures?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dark_Convoy, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I hate that I sold all of mine before, and now am wanting to get at least the Autobot cars:

Bumblebee
    Silverstreak
    Ironhide
    Sunstreaker
    Sideswipe
    Hound
    Cliffjumper
    Mirage
    Smokescreen
    Prowl

I think that's all of them - they are SUPER expensive on Amazon, but any one know where they can be found elsewhere for a reasonable price?

2. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Best bet is the Junkion Exchange and maybe once in a while eBay. Some of theose figures like Mirage are getting up there in price. Others are kinda cheap. I sold a MOC Prowl the other week for $20.

3. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    depends on which one, prowl and sunstreaker are still around some places like sears and such that overprice their toys in stores, hound, mirage, ironhide and ratchet are pretty expensive though

4. Shinobi Rendar

Shinobi Rendar Artobot

News Credits:
    Yep, best bet is the Junkion Exchange. I started collecting classics last October and got some great deals from member of these boards. One thing I would also say is check your local Rite Aid Pharmacy. I found Universe 2.0 figures there, deluxe and legends, just a couple of months ago. I only had to buy a couple outside of these boards like Henkei Prime.

5. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I have a MOC Bumblebee that I'm not looking to make a boatload on /plug

Besides them, just post a want thread.

Ironhide (and Ratchet) are getting up there in price, but iGear has some more G1-accurate ones coming out later this year.

Beyond that, they're pretty much readily available if you ask nicely.

Bumblebee $15
    Silverstreak $20
    Ironhide $40
    Sunstreaker $20
    Sideswipe $30
    Hound $25
    Cliffjumper $20
    Mirage $40
    Smokescreen $20
    Prowl $20

Do look out for KOs of Sideswipe and Mirage. I think they're the only two that have high quality KOs available if you want to substitute.

6. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Awesome! Thanks, I'll start posting want threads soon.

I forgot about Hotrod too, I hate the painted windows on the one that comes in the two pack with Cyclonus.

I guess I should get the more expensive ones first, before the price goes any higher.

7. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    You could get a Henkei Hound at a decent price also - I like the Henkei one better.

8. Tracer

Tracer _

News Credits:
    Which Mirage are you talking about?

9. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

There is only 1 classic Mirage.

10. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    henkei rodimus is getting reissued.

11. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I'm going through this exact same quest, to finish off my CHUG Ark crew lineup.

I ended up buying a MOSC Cliffjumper from eBay for £38, then going to the guys house to pay and pick up. He also had a Ratchet he headn't yet put on eBay, so *yoink* I nabbed that too straight away, £30.

Which means of the Ark crew figures released so far, all I'm missing is Mirage... who will be mine... soon. Hopefully. On another note, (sorta) who do people use for the remainders? Trailbreaker, Brawn, Gears and Huffer is all thats left right?

I keep looking at my ROTF Brawn and thinking he'd do a decent job of standing in for Brawn, but his aesthetic, while great, doesn't quite fit with CHUG. :( 

12. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I use ROTF Firetrap - he's movieverse, but he looks close enough. Similar robot-mode and vehicle mode to Brawn.

13. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

Bumblebee
    Silverstreak
    Ironhide
    Sunstreaker
    Sideswipe
    Hound
    Cliffjumper
    Mirage
    Smokescreen
    Prowl

I'm lucky because I already have these guys. The ones I had problems with were Ultra Magnus and Jetfire. Also, Classic Legend Brawn works for the Ark crew if you can handle him being smaller the Bee and CJ.

14. Star Saber

Star Saber Primus Hates You!

News Credits:
    I never even saw Ratchet on shelves. I regret passing on Mirage and Cliffjumper when they shelf-warmed.

15. terry981

terry981 Well-Known Member

Some collectors use the Henkei minibots as the stand ins for Cliffjumper and Brawn. Some sites still sell them for $26, I'm thinking about getting them. I'm going to use WFC Cliffy for his chug stand in temporarily. His body not so much but his head is pretty close to being G1.

16. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    From what I put in bold, those prices seem to be pretty low for what I've seen them go for....even with bid-wars going on for them. Unless of course.....people slept on those auctions. Pretty much elsewhere I've look for on online retailers (if they even have them).....they're still more expensive than that :( 

At least in my area, I have yet to find any classics figures listed there in stores anymore.

17. UltraPrime

UltraPrime Lord of Macragge

All I need is Ratchet to complete my collection. Not seen him go for less than £50, which is just far too much.

18. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Yup, from the original Ark crew, those are the only guys left.

And then all that's left from the original 'core character' cast from the first 3 seasons are Reflector, Hoist, Skids, Springer, Blitzwing, Shockwave, Soundwave, Cosmos, Beachcomber and I guess Arcee if you want to count her (I never do). My guess is we'll see most, if not all, of those when Generations relaunches plus other randoms like Broadside, Sandstorm, Headmaster characters, etc. Hope so anyway. But I'm not holding my breath on any sub-teams like Insecticons, more Dinobots, city/base bots, proper Constructicons or other combiner teams.

It doesn't. And while movie-verse Firetrap (looks like Brawn), Beachcomber & Hoist come close to filling the void for those characters, there's no denying that they're still definitely Bayformers vs. being passable Classics-style figures. Aesthetically they still don't fit in, so I wouldn't even bother tracking them down.

19. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
    Speaking from UK experience:

Bumblebee - Probably easier to get the RTS one.
    Silverstreak - I haven't seen this guy on eBay for a long time. I snagged my Henkei one from Neon Martian, a local shop.
    Ironhide - Seems to have increased in popularity lately (amusing, considering he's not very well regarded in the fandom). Probably looking at £30+.
    Sunstreaker - Seems fairly common. £15+.
    Sideswipe - Quite hard to find. I saw one go for £30 the other day.
    Hound - Quite hard to find. I bought a Henkei one from Kapow for £30.
    Cliffjumper - I'm not sure. I just bought one from FMH for £8, but I consider that an insanely good price.
    Mirage - Rare. £40+.
    Smokescreen - Insanely rare. £60+.
    Prowl - Not so rare, but most on eBay are well into their sticky paint situation.

20. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Trailbreaker has nothing to sub with yet, same goes for Gears.

Brawn has a Legends figure.
    iGear is making a Brawn but I think that is legends sized too :( 
    Make Toys is putting out minibots so they may make one but I don't know the size *hopefully a minimum of scout*
    X Transbot is making minibots but so far only Wheelie, Powerglide and Beachcomber are annouced *you missed Beachcomber, who also has an official Legends release* But those might be larger than deluxe...no one knows yet.

As for Huffer I use Botcon 2007 Huffer. Some people use a PPC figure but I can't recall the name. And once again refer to the 3rd party list. We have seen iGears Huffer but once again so far its Legends.

Another thing about the 3rd party figures, they are old school designs with modern engineering where as Classics is generally modern engineering and modern designs.