So how does Captain America Release a Trailer before DOTM?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Chaos328, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Chaos328

Chaos328 Decepticon

News Credits:
    Capt doesn't come out till July 22, yet they release a Full Trailer before DOTM.

and Nelson talking bout some Mid to Late April for a Trailer. Outside of us TF Fans and people who watched the Superbowl, not many people even know about TF3. I think this delay has something to do with the robbery that took place at Bay's place. Whenever the Trailer comes out it better be worth the wait.

2. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    CGI may not be fully done or Bay doesn't want to give a lot so he's spacing a few things out instead of cramming like he did with ROTF.

3. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Pretty simple really. "Transformers" is an established movie franchise, "Captain America" is not. It's still over 3 months until TF3 is released, and let's keep in mind: we already saw a TF3 trailer months ago.

Nothing about the trailer schedule is out of the ordinary. It just seems that way because we're all clamoring for any info we can get.

4. daformer

daformer Earth's Reckoning

News Credits:
    Patience my friend....

5. Chaos328

Chaos328 Decepticon

News Credits:
    I wanna see Shockwave and Megz!!!!!! LOL

6. daformer

daformer Earth's Reckoning

News Credits:
    same here!!!!

but.. what captain america trailer are you talking about? i cant find any

7. Chaos328

Chaos328 Decepticon

News Credits:
  8. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    That's easy; Captain America/Thor= Inferior, & DOTM=Superior.

DOTM has a lot more editing to do, and people are already aware of it, the other two are new, so it might have more pressure for the marketing.

And DOTM has tons (hopefullY) of CGI stuff to edit..robots are complicated to put together, let alone move.

9. jamjam101

jamjam101 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I don't think they even need to advertise DOTM for it to run successfully

10. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its been roughly 4 months since the announcement trailer was released and I don't think I've seen it once in any cinema I've been to up till now. Not even with Battle:LA. Michael Bay scrutinized Paramount for the lack of promotion RotF got, yet they're doing the same, I think even less this time around than with DotM. You don't promote/hype a film so close to the release unless its your typical generic hollywood blockbuster disguising itself as something original and unique; or theirs some serious doubt amongst all the execs and producers that the film will be a financial success like the previous two.

I think they're just hoping to surprise everyone in the two-four months leading up to the film's release by shocking them all with large explosions and enough eye candy to generate enough buzz so people go in knowing as little as possible and the idea of a Transformers movie still seeming fresh again to them all. You do this if your not confident the film really brings anything new to the screen and won't capture peoples interest in the long term. A real promotion would see this film getting far more attention such as in the papers, on the news, on social media sites, more articles in magazines tackling the film from various aspects. More focus on the history of the film and etc.

DotM is the last of the Transformers trilogy, every other film that was the 3rd and final to the series that I can think of, had so much more promotion and attention than DotM is getting. I'm sure plenty will disagree with me on this, but unless Bay actually explains to the fans why he's leaving promotion for this film so late, why, out of all the biggest franchises we've gotten, he's been the biggest jerk to the fan base in terms of sharing information with them while not using some cheap excuse like the cgi isn't finished yet, or I don't want to spoil the plot(usually what you say if the script is crap) and giving a logical explanation that argues my theory successfully, then I'm sticking to my guns. I'm even more surprised their was no viral marketing with this, its become such a huge thing at the moment in the film industry, its deemed an effective method to promoting a film, especially sequels *Cough Dark Knight Cough*.

11. Optronix_prime

Optronix_prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Transformers already had a trailer, the astronaut one. This is Captain Americas FIRST trailer, Captain America is WAYYYY behind.

12. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    1.) There is no official rule that states that "summer movie X" has to have a trailer released before "summer movie Y" because it is out in theatres before the other one. Yes, it seems logical to have it that way, but really, for summer movie release dates that differs only three weeks, it's not that big of a deal.

2.) And, as Optronix_prime stated, DotM has had a full-out announcement trailer (months before any footage related to Captain America), the Superbowl TV spot, and the Daytona 500 TV spot. Meanwhile, Captain America has had Superbowl TV spot, and just now a full theatrical trailer. If anything is "behind", it's Captain America.

3.) I actually think that a lot of people know about DotM. Obviously, more fans than general audience goers, but still, it's hardly an unknown film.

4.) I hope that the trailer is worth it too. And I have a feeling that it will be. :D 

5.) Let us all be patient. (Yeah right!)

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Captain America sort of needed to start a bit of early buzz because it's a new franchise and Thor was sort of given the Comic Con spot light so that Marvel films would not be cannibalizing buzz from each other.

The people making Transformers know it's a busy summer action film year so there is no need to blow too much on buzz and trailers now only to have it drown out during the release of so many big summer action films. Better to wait until it's closer to the release date to get the most out of the efforts to promote the film.

Trust me as we get closer to July we will be flooded with so many ads and the trailers attached to so many films you might get tired of the media overload that goes with releasing a summer film these days.

14. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It doesn't mater to me if the trailer is "worth the wait" because that's not what I really want to see. Sure they're great and get everyone excited but as others have noted already, there have been plenty of movies with awesome trailers that turned out not so good (I'm sure many would argue that ROTF qualifies). I'm more concerned that the whole movie is worth the wait! I already know I'm going to see the movie so if we didn't get any more trailers until the movie is released I'd probably be ok (and probably more impressed when seeing those awesome scenes for the first time in the theater)

15. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    There are a lot of new movies to compete with. Bay is trying to reserve ad funds for the 1 month final stretch before the premiere I can assume.