So how did people figure out where the new KOs came from?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by RKillian, Jul 2, 2012.

1. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

The couple I have don't have any markings on them. Even knowing the company names now, Google doesn't really turn up anything like website. Yet it seems to be pretty common knowledge across ATT and amongst a certain circle of fans.

2. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    I tried to understand your question but I couldn't follow. Are you referring to G1, Classics, Binaltechs or what??

3. Alejandro27

Alejandro27 Well-Known Member

Are you talking about the new weirdwolf KO that just came out?

4. RKillian

Yes, I mean the G1 reproductions - Mirage, Sunstreaker, Weirdwolf, etc - and to a lesser extent the CHMS "Classics" stuff. I mean the "G1" boxes are 1984/1985 all the way and I can find a ton of CHMS retailers but no homepage for the manufacturer itself.

5. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Well, I think it goes like this:

- MISB G1 figures start flooding ebay
    - Those figures are almost never found on eBay MISB and in pristine condition.
    - Couple of people fall for it, then they compare it to the originals and find out they were scammed
    - Then they post about it and more information is gathered

So the rule tends to be, is it too good to be true? Well then it is. Especially since there are like 20 auctions that are too good to be true.

Also, now a days, sites like chimungmung will announce upcoming KOs, which helps people a bit too.

6. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

i guess that's still kinda not answering his original question, seems like he wants to know about the ko manufacturers instead of always from second hand info from the sellers. at least that's what i read from his question.

they all came from china, and people who conduct shady business tend to obscure information about the said business.

7. opt1musaber

News Credits:
    Maybe because what they're doing is illegal? They are directly copying an ip without the rights to. I could be wrong but how many available sites are there from the MANUFACTURERS OF KO's? I would say none. Sellers and retailers don't count obviously.

8. RKillian

Yeah, see, I didn't ask for a lecture on morality, I asked how people figured out who made the KOs. Maybe because I have an interest in toy manufacturing? What it looks like so far is that Google is increasingly useless if you're trying to use it as an electronic Yellow Pages. But if you want to know how many dogs some idiot ate or strapped to the roof of their car, there're a million and one super awesome inside sources to choose from.

9. opt1musaber

News Credits:
    So you want to learn about the process of toy manufacturing through a KO company website? I'm sure there are plenty of official toy companies with details on their processes. In terms of how people find out who made the KO's I can only assume the retailers/online sellers have connections with the KO companies. What Alucard77 said is also another unfortunate way people find out.

10. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

if you're interested in toy manufacturing business there are 3rd parties that make legit and semi legit transformers related products, language barrier aside, i doubt they'd bother to talk to you about their process unless you're ready to make huge orders like bbts or something. i remember there was a website with tons of pictures from the factory that made the tfc battle roller bots, sure it's not official licensed product, but the manufacturing process is pretty much the same for most of the toys anyway.

here we go: ?????(??¼) tfc battle roller production line.

11. RKillian

Well I run a little toy shop at a farmer's market and last week I talked with a guy who is having some of his own figures manufactured overseas. I've been doing research on what he said and it looks legitimate so far. Some of the names he mentioned never came up in all of my previous online searches though.

I've also been registered on Alibaba for awhile and haven't had much luck with it. Lots of Engrish, some unrealistic minimum orders, and too many people who just plain don't respond to inquiries. So I figured maybe I'd take a crack at looking up who did these high quality G1 KOs while I was at it.

I can pour silicone/resin molds myself if I have to but I'm looking at alternatives for people who already have a day job or three... :p 

12. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    They used to have a page on Alibaba with their name and contact info. That's how people figured out who they were. The page is gone now.

13. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

using google translate:

Retooling new beer a beer in the beer and cleared of residual material, need to test before the test machine of a camel is performance art material XD
    Beer pieces cut the rest of the "framework" is called the outlet material can be broken after

:lol 

Can someone translate please? Thank you.

14. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

before producing the new batch with new mold/tool, the batch/mold needs to be tested and previous plastic cleaned out, a lump of 'performing art' test plastic. the leftover runner frames are shredded and can be recycled for use.

more or less

15. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

Thank you.

16. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    Fascinating. Thanks for this.

17. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

That is a really cool process.I couldn't help but snicker at the pack of smokes on the table.Good thing they don't list there stuff as being from a smoke free environment.

18. RKillian

Wonder what's considered a "huge order like BBTS" anyway...I've had different people throw 300-500 at me only to ignore multiples of that.

19. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The CHMS home page is a blog Chinese, and it's for members of the weibo blog only.

新浪微åšæ³¨å†Œ 新浪微åš-éšæ—¶éšåœ°åˆ†äº«èº«è¾¹çš„新鲜事儿

They post pictures of their upcoming products and comment on them in Chinese.