So how are the Botcon 2010 toys?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Recall, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I've read next to no feedback on the actual boxset nor any of the other figures made available.

Anyone got anything to share?

2. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I'm taking the silence as a "Its too early/I haven't opened them yet" :p 

3. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    In my case, waiting for them to arrive at my doorstep.

But yeah, I'm also curious as to why there hasn't been much talk about them yet (aside from price talk!)

4. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's been my experience that the Botcon toys get very little play time during the convention. In the next couple of weeks, reviews should start popping up.

5. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

YouTube reviews?

6. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

7. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I'm looking forward to seeing reviews or at least discussion about the other toys beyond Brakedown. Skybyte & Gnaw especially :) 

8. wipedout

wipedout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Haven't really touched any of mine yet but Breakdown, Clench, Rapido and Scorch are all pure win. Spark/Pyro is ok but not a must.

9. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    ^I guess I need to wait a month or two after the dust has settled to get a knock-down BotCon 2010 box set...:p 

10. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They're wonderful. My favorites (at least right now) are Double Punch, Clench, and Rapido, but they're all really good.

Yes, even Cindersaur.

11. wipedout

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good luck with that. I have a feeling this set is going to go up in value. The only thing keeping Spark from being amazing was a new head mold. This set was much much better than the 09.

12. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hope the prices go down... Last year's set was at the same level right after Botcon. This is a set that die hard fans will like, but casual collectors will shy away from the bright colors and obscure characters.

13. hotspot_2001

hotspot_2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All of the boxset figures are awesome. I haven't found any issues with any of my figures, good joints and paint apps. Sky-Byte is my least favorite of the group but the sharkticons looks really good and when you put them all together with Sky-Byte it is quite nice.

The other 4 in the boxset are even better in person then I would have imagined. Rapido and Scorch are just as good.

I'm not crazy about the other 3 figures (Cindersaur, Double Punch, and Slicer). Double Punch looks good and is fairly nice but the other two just aren't as amazing as the rest due to the molds being used.

14. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

I have transformer all of the box figures except breakdown, and they all look great, but Clench and Pyro/Spark really suffer from loose joints (at least the ones that I have). Streetstar and Skybyte are both really well put together. I was personally looking forward to Clench and Pyro the most, so overall I'm a little bit disappointed with the quality, but everything in the set looks even better in person than in the promo pics. Even streetstar has enough neon plastic (legs) to make him look pretty rad (G2) in robot mode.

15. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If the normal trend holds the prices shoot up really high right after the con for two weeks then slowly go down for the next couple of months except for a few figures. Then two years later as the people who bought them to recoup costs have sold off all of theirs and there are fewer that go for sale the prices shoots up like crazy.

16. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think this year's set is very nice in general. Breakdown is a must have just due to the historical status that it has with Botcons. Rapido , Clench and Double Punch are all very good. Double punch is really underrated. It is definitely one of the better looking figures from this year. The G2 Sideswipe from the class is awesome! Definitely the best botcon toy I have. I like the Sideswipe mold a lot. Breakdown and G2 Sideswipe really made my trip worth it this year. Slicer is a little meh, but the whole SG potential is there if you want to repurpose it. The rest I haven't been too interested in except the sharkticons which I have yet to open.

17. anabolik1

anabolik1 Banned

Well I was one the people that was strongly against the bright, weird colors HOWEVER, after I got the figures in hand and got to see them up close, THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY TIGHT :drool: 

They probably will follow the trend and go down then shoot up BUT I doubt they will go down like the 09 stuff - these figures are WAY better even with the loud colors :lolol 

IMHO, I say grab them while you can if you want them you want regret it.

18. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I forgot to add, in general the paint apps and quality on these figures are better than the ones from last year. These are great and I can't wait to add G2 Ramjet to this when everything is said and done. I think FP is doing a great job on continuing on the fiction they've created at Botcon with future store exclusives like the recent Cyclonus and the planned G2 Ramjet.

19. wipedout

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm digging mine. All have solid paint apps with the exception of Clench's Shield. It has a few scratches and a place where it looked like it was touched up. Overall this is the best set since 07 IMO.

[​IMG]

20. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    If I were to get one figure from the set which one should it be?