So how are Classics doing in your area?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Zero Prime, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    All the Walmarts I've been to are now sold out of Classics and I've only managed to snag a Astrotrain and Rodimus so far.

Two toy dept mgrs for both Targets I went to Sunday that were supposed to have been "holding" them for Sunday release didn't know a @#$%ing thing about them.

2. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

Well I have only seen them in one store here - TRU - and all they had were Bumblebee and Rodimus. There was only one Bumblebee and 2 Rodimuses. There was only one Rodimus left when I was done there.

3. Liokaiser_bf

Liokaiser_bf Kaiju-bot

hmm just got them here but no sign of Prime and Megs yet. The top 2 I want (yet I want to complete this set ) and no sign yet. Though only found at Wal-marts.

Got Rodimus & Starscream (and an online buddy is going ape cause I beat her to Screamer *L* ) so far. My comic week this week so dunno if I will buy one of them or not. (be Astrotrain or Bumblebee)

4. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

my local target put two sets out on the weekend, 1 set was gone when i left (i got them) and my friend want in and got the other set on sunday. so yeah they seem to be selling out fast.

5. Black Omen

Black Omen Well-Known Member

Sold out within a few days. At one point Wal*Mart had six Astrotrain's on the pegs. Now it's full of Cybertron stuff and I do mean FULL!! It looks like they had a couple of cases hidden in the back.

6. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

Yeah, I'm also in the Nova area, and theyre selling amongst the older guys Ive seen. So theyre moving, just not SUPER FAST.

7. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

How often do you think it takes them to restock and if they sell fast at this rate will they try to fill the shelves again, or do they only have a limited supply. But with x-mas just around the corner they have to get more shipments in with time..

8. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

So far I've driven to 3 Toys R Us, 4 Targets, 3 Walmarts, in one Walmart I've found a couple OP and Megatrons, in Targets, I've found nothing. In 2 of the TRU I've found one of each figure, of the 10.99$ version, no Prime or Megs. So far I've been able to get 3 Primes, 2 Megs, 2 Astrotrains, 2 Bumblebees, 1 Hotrod, and 1 Starscream.

[​IMG]

9. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

Everytime I've called or asked about stocking they always try to tell me that "they have no idea when the trucks come in with supplies, that it's always random.."

Nice way to do business there.
    Liars.

10. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Well hopefully the will keep them in stock for a while. I mean if they sold out that fast they have to get some more in. Do you really think there are mad collectors out there who grab em up faster than the us?

11. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

The two local stores I check regularly are Target and TRU. Both of them gets new trucks on Thursdays and put out stock on Fridays, restocking if they have enough to keep some in the back mid-week or so, sometimes after the weekend rush.

I was on vacation for the last few days so checked stores most every day for a bit there.

Two Friday's ago, TRU stocked up fresh with Classics for the first time. Before I got my birthday money (Monday), they were sold out of Decepticon Deluxes. Two cases worth by how many Deluxe Autobots they had left. They had one case of Voyager sizes on the shelf. I bought a Prime, a Megs, and one of each of the Autobot Deluxes.

Target hadn't set any out yet.

I dared to venture to Walmart, which I hate with a passion, but will go into rarely if there's something I'm desperate to find (Decepticon Deluxes). No sign of any Classics except 20th DVD Prime. Which looked like they had dozens already.

Went back to TRU on Wednesday, completely sold out of all Classics both sizes. But, they had stocked up with 20th DVD Prime. I didn't count them, but it looked like about six, maybe eight on the shelf. Target still hadn't put anything out.

Went back to TRU on Friday morning, early, right after opening to catch the new-stock. Took along a buddy who hasn't bought a new Transformer for himself since BotCon 2002 (Now known as the day of the burnout to him.) Deluxes were restocked up, two cases again, one Starscream missing. Voyagers were restocked, two cases, one Prime missing. To quote my non-TF purchasing buddy, "Holy shit, what the f*** is this?" He proceeded to buy a full set of deluxes. I grabbed my Decepticon Deluxes, finally, and a spare Starscream for the repaint potential. There were still a boatload of 20th DVD Primes. Target had a bunch of 20th DVD Primes out, and no other sign of Classics.

Went back to TRU on Sunday afternoon because I was bored speechless with football and the Deluxe Classics were almost gone, just one Rodimus and one Bumblebee left. One lonely Megatron Voyager lay with a slightly battered box on the lower shelf. 20th DVD Primes everywhere. Target still had no sign of Classics except for 20th DVD Prime. I guess they'll be setting 'em out this week sometime.

So, my impression? They're selling like crazy around here. And it's selling evenly enough that I don't think it's the wacky collectors only. Or it is and they are buying full sets for the most part, except for whoever it was that sucked up all the Decepticons first and made me wait for my Starscream and Astrotrain love for three days.

But, since TRU is the only store putting them out, and only putting them out two cases at a time, it stands to reason that we are far from saturation. I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes in the coming weeks. Should be interesting to see how it unfolds. But if my non-purchasing friend who purchased for the first time in four years in any indication, this line is going to be drawing oldsters shopping with their kids like flies are drawn to . . . uh, sweet stuff. Yeah, that's it.

12. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Not even here.

My Target still has the same damn pair of SkyShadows that have been sitting on the shelves collecting dust since a week before Botcon.