So heard on the news this AM that Hasbro is making Star Wars toys

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Cryptwire, Sep 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    Sorry, not sure if this is already known information for some time; not sure if this Disney-Hasbro team up is something new or it has existed for awhile.

But it's interesting news . With all the rumors and stories about Paramount half-a-billion dollars in the hole, if Hasbro does make any move and decision in the future, it would seem like Hasbro and Disney would be a natural perfect fit.

Just throwing it out there because that's information I had not know until, as mentioned, I heard the news this morning on my way to work and that toy industry was boosted because of the Star Wars Rogue One toy line seems to be a hit from what the news was saying.

2. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    ???

Hasbro has been making Star Wars toys for years? Since... Episode 1?

Hmm, a quick Google basically says that Hasbro's main sellers are Disney licenced toys, ie, Star Wars and Marvel... Frozen was mentioned too? Didn't know Hasbro did Frozen toys. Anyway, it's basically a non news story. Hasbro did better than expected financially because of strong sales with licenced product.

3. WheelWave140

WheelWave140 Hate's not cool, dudes!

News Credits:
    Hasbro has been making Star Wars toys since 1995.
    Kenner produced the vintage figures, between their end (1985: The original POTF line) and the reboot of the line, Hasbro bought out Kenner sometime afterwards, gaining the license to produce their stuff obviously.

The Kenner name was used to market a lot of Hasbro's action-figure stuff in the mid-90's, including Beast Wars, Batman, and Star Wars, but the figures were all really owned by Hasbro.

Anyway, nothing's ever come of it in the past 20 or so years of modern Star Wars collecting, and most people are convinced Hasbro is going to lose the Star Wars license because of their general neglect of the line.

4. Fretburn

Fretburn We need Instrument TFs

In another shocking revelation, Hasbro also makes Transformers toys.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    What next, My Little Pony?

6. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    Not for TFGD... copy of forum description:

Talk about Transformers! Discuss your favorite series, from G1 to Animated, to anything from Japan! Transformers toy specific discussion goes in the Transformers Toy forum.... or in this case the NOT TF forum. :) 

I'm sure there's a thread in Toyark for SW toys... still, going to send this thread there for a possible merge with existing thread, or it could be locked, moderators choice.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.