so have you ever heard a song...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 46+2, Aug 12, 2010.

1. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

is there a song out there that you just can't stop listening to? A song that moves you in some sort of way?
    I heard this song today by eminem and rihanna for the first time. I normally don't listen to rap or hip hop but this song has had a profound effect on me. I can't explain it. I think its her vioce or something.

Has this happened to you?
    What song?

2. red4

red4 Banned

Classical, symphonic, orchestrated stuff.

3. 643cade

643cade Well-Known Member

Many, many times.

And that song by Eminem and Rihanna is one of them.

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Transformers.Evo. Why do you think that is?

songs tend to be random.

5. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  6. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

There's tons of songs out there that I don't know why I just can never get enough of listening to, but I won't go listing them all in here.

7. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
    The first time I heard Dido's "Here With Me" and Snow Patrol's "Make This Go On Forever", I couldn't stop listening to them. And "Here With Me" made me cry once or twice.

Then it was Bond's "Allegretto", which was played at the Cheltenham Firework Display two years ago during the finale. It put me onto their music, which eventually branched out into Karl Jenkins/Adiemus and Immediate Music as well.

Most recently, it's "The Cross" by Within Temptation. I listen to it at least once a day, no matter what. And the other day I woke up with it in my head.

8. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

dido had a Few songs that haunted me too. I stole my ex's CD because I couldn't stop listening to it. I don't remember the name of the album.

9. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

GnR's Estranged. Will never get tired of the guitar solos & piano in that song.
    Plus the lyrics are so relateable. The jouney of it is so familiar.

The beginning's just a little sappy

10. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yanni's got a song that I listen to. Very grand orchestral.
    Also like Bon Jovi's Livin on a prayer.

11. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    MC Hammer, you can't touch this:lol 

Seriously, it would be Queens of the Stone Age "Auto Pilot", The Roots "don't feel right" and John Murphy "In the House- In a hearbeat".

12. OptimusTron97

OptimusTron97 I like the red water

13. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

14. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Add another vote from me regarding the new Rihanna/Eminem single. Rihanna usually annoys me with her nasal whining, but this song really resonates.

Ditto. :tongue:  After watching the movie "Bounce" (when both Afflack and Patrlow were tolerable) it stuck with me even more.

Airborne Toxic Event - Sometime After Midnight

Bon Jovi - Bed of Roses (I already get my fill of Living on a Prayer, whether playing Rock Band w/ friends or just turn on the radio and within 30 seconds it pops up)

Fergie feat. Ludacris - Glamorous (hated pretty much everything Fergie's done before or since, but this is totally my guilty pleasure. I just cannot deny this is a perfectly contructed pop song: catchy as shit, terrific rap verse/bridge/everything)

Damn my taste in music is lame! lol

15. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Paid In Full by Eric B and Rakim does to me as well as You Can't Always Get What You Want by the Rolling Stones.

16. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Love the Way You Lie"? Yeah, that's a nice song, but I prefer "Going Through Changes" from the same album.

One song I usually play in a loop is a track from The Dark Knight score called "Aggressive Expansion" (it's the part leading up to the Joker's appearence in Bruce Wayne's penthouse). I just love the rousing beat of Hanz Zimmer's music.

17. trump

trump WWBD?

Children of Bodom - Oops I Did It Again. Who knew all it took to make Britney listenable was metal?

18. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture: I will never ever get sick of hearing it. Nothing like blasting that on your car stereo on a summer's day, windows down, cannons and all. :cool: 

Speaking of summer: Summertime by Will Smith. A timeless classic.

19. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Oh absolutely. I keep relistening to The Kleptones's "24 hours" album. It's a really awesome audio portrait of a full 24-hour day. I absolutely love the dreamstate part at the beginning and end of the entire thing...the fade-in to the alarm clock really reminds me a lot of struggling out of a dream and back into the day.

20. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    'Angel Queen' by Kitaro and Dara Sedaka, 'Clair de Lune' by Claude Debussy, 'Digital Love' by Daft Punk, 'Ever Dream' by Nightwish, Sarah Brightman's cover of 'Here With Me', 'Lady of Dreams' by Kitaro and Jon Anderson, 'If We Hold On Together' by Diana Ross, 'Nights in the Garden of Spain' by Manuel de Falla, 'Nymphetamine' by Cradle of Filth and Liv Krull, 'Stay' by Shakespeare's Sister and 'Wish You Were Here' by Blackmore's Night are all songs that my wife and I consider 'our songs', on account of their musical and lyrical content. So yes, they fit the bill.

Other songs that I can't stop listening to, among many others:

Sarah Brightman's cover of 'A Whiter Shade of Pale'. She and the London Symphony Orchestra make this lovely, enigmatic tune sound all the more beautiful.
    'Ain't Afraid to Die' by Dir en Grey. This one's nothing like their usual headbanger-fests. It's pensive, quiet and moving; totally mold-breaking, and I love it for that. I play it as a lullaby when I can't sleep, and doing that always works.
    'Cocktails' by Hot Leg. Soooo damn catchy and jaunty. Never fails to lift my spirits and make me grin.
    'Frozen' by Within Temptation. One of the most emotionally powerful songs I've ever heard. The heart-wrenching music video only adds to its potency.
    'Heavy Metal (Takin' a Ride)' by Don Felder. The ultimate driving song. Don's voice just oozes cool, and you can't argue with that infectious bassline and lethal guitar licks.
    'No More Lies' by Iron Maiden. If there ever was a song that had 'background music for a final showdown' written all over it, look no further. Worth listening to for its three back-to-back guitar solos alone.
    'The Planets' by Gustav Holst. Every piece in this suite is a perfect musical fit for the planet it's named after. An incomparable treat for anyone who's both an astronomy and classical music lover.
    'Tornado of Souls' by Megadeth. Because it has the best damn guitar solo ever.