So have any heights been given to Sentinel and Shockwave?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How tall are these 2 bruisers supposed to be?

2. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I'd say around the size of Optimus and Megatron,but no, nothing official yet

3. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

There was a quote somewhere stating that Shockwave was 40 feet tall. Not sure who it came from...seems unrealistic given how he looks compared to Prime in the shot where he's punching him from the teaser.

4. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Well the empire magazine image makes me think SP is 5 feet taller then Optimus so being the same height as Megatron. And theTV spots make me think Shocky is 32 feet tall

5. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

what about silverbolt, how tall is he?

*runs for cover*

6. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    I was actually doing some calculations about that the other day. Basically, if the 1:87 scale model Rosenbauer Panther fire truck is 14 cm long, that means that (...*doing some math* ...) the final length of the actual vehicle will be ~36 feet. And using the Leader class toy, his vehicle mode is more or less the same length as his robot mode is tall (give or take). Now, there's always a chance for this to be wrong, with the toys not always having the best screen-accuracy for transformation, compared to the official CG model, etc.. I'm going out on a limb here and say that Sentinel will be 35 feet tall. Taller than Optimus. About Megatron's size. And yeah, Shockwave is reportedly 40 feet tall. Even if Shockwave's official height is different, I'm going to assume that he's more or less Megatron's size. Definitely no shrimp.

Yeah, I know. There's a lot of "approximately"'s, "ish"'s, "more or less"'s. This is all just guesstimating. :) 

7. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    He has no height ; ) hes a background character like Jolt but is invisible. Hes there.....You just can't see him.

8. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Like G1 Skids lol.

9. IaconStargazer

IaconStargazer Maximal

Concerning mass for transformation, how much hollow space is in a Rosenbauer Panther fire truck? I'd say Sentinel's at least a few feet taller than Optimus (so, maybe 35 feet?), given that the Panther is much bigger than a Peterbilt semi cab. But then again, despite what Orci and Kurtzman said, there has been a bit of mass shifting in the films (Frenzy's head, Starscream, RotF Devastator, possibly Ravage), so who knows.

As for Shockwave, I'm guessing he's pretty much as tall as Optimus, give or take a foot in height.

10. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Shockwave was reported as 40-feet in the most recent USA Today article.
    In watching the latest BK ad of him and Prime fighting, he looks to be about the same scale as Prime and Megatron.

11. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

Something tells me Sentinel is gonna be pretty damn tall. He's a Prime so he must be close to 40 feet.
    Not sure if this scene is in the movie, but there's a scene where Sentinel picks Megatron up by the throat and dangles him over the edge of a building.

So he probably has a pretty big height advantage over Megatron and Optimus. It would really add to his character too and to the events that unfold as the movie progresses.