I've seen many threads where people were asking how to strengthen ball joints on older figures, most of the recommendations were either paint over it, nail polish or glue. I personally painted over the joints, rarely used nail polish. Tonight I had it with my GF Autovolt. A figure I wanted for years but only managed to acquire recently, he's a mediocre figure at best but the ball joints on mine were loose. Any loose joint on a non played transformer of mine infuriates me. Since I didn't think much of the figure, I figured I'd experiment with some glue I had in the apartment. Disassembled the figure and applied a layer of glue over the weak ball joints, then struggled to pop them back together. After just a second, I was afraid I'd break the joint. It held together THAT well. No, hold it. It held better than that. His joints are now the stiffest I own among all the ball-jointed TF figures I've handled. Will check back in the morning to see if the plastic crumbled and if he still transforms, but nevertheless, don't waste your time with paint or smelly nail polish. Apply glue. NOW. ...If only it'd fix the damn shoulders on my walmart crankcase...nothing I've tried stiffened those up.