So Gamestop's got a pretty good deal going on right now.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by TheIncredibleHulk, Jun 5, 2007.

1. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Decided to trade some games in today. My PS2 died about 6 months ago, so I still had a few games left. Traded my remaining 3 games in. Plus Gears of War for the 360. I know, everyone's going to say I'm crazy, that its such a great game. Honestly, I couldn't get into it. I've had it for 4 months, and probably haven't played it 5 times.

So anyways. Gamestop's got a deal now where if you trade in 3 games, you get an extra 10% trade in. 4 games get you 20%, and 5 gets you 30%. Plus if you have a card, there's an extra 10% there. So I got about $50 out of all of it. Which is alot more than I expected, counting in the PS2 games.

And then, there's the sale they have going on. Buy 2 used games or accessories, and get one free.

So I picked up used copies of Dead Rising for the 360, and Doom 3 collector's edition, and the Megaman Anniversary disc for Xbox.

Doom3 comes with the original games, they had the regular edition for the same price. So there's 3 games in one there

Megaman has 10 game on it.

So basically, 14 games for me to play.

Plus I preordered the Transformers game for the 360 and got the poster.

I think I got a Hell of a deal.

2. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    With the card and their deals, trade-ins can be a good deal at EB/Gamestop. Although I'm outta here before the wolves show up.
    :confused2 

3. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Thanks for the info.
    They have an exclusive version of Transformers, right?

4. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

What a scam, 10%? Gamestop is a pawn shop.

5. TheIncredibleHulk

Yeah. The guy said something about an additional character.

6. TheIncredibleHulk

I got 30% added to my trade in. Plus 10% off my purchase

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    likely making shit up.

8. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Gamestop IS basically a pawnshop. I took a bunch of games in awhile back, they offered me $2 or less for a lot of them, and these were all good games - I don't buy crap.

Never again with that shit. Ebay or other private sales is the way to go.

I suppose any sales they have might be good deals, but just don't sell them stuff. They WILL rip you off.

9. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

How do you get that card for 10% off?

10. TheIncredibleHulk

You can look at it 2 ways:

Buy a subscription to GameInformer and get the card free

Or

Buy the card and get a free subscription to GameInformer

Either way, its like $14

I did it when I bought my 360, ended up actually saving money when I did.

11. geerave

geerave Well-Known Member

i love gamestop, if only because its no hassle. i get less for my trades but its alot faster then ebay. plus they have the BEST return policy in the biz. i just bought chromehounds for the 360 because of the sale they are having. the guy working told me that chromehounds was not that great, and sure enough i got home and hated it. he let me return it the next day, no questions, no hassle.

12. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

Gamestop is great if you want to buy some random old game used, but that's about it. I've gotten a lot of good games cheap that way, but I don't really like to buy too many used games.

Their prereservation policy is one of the worst in the business. Except for one time, every time I have prereserved a game or system at gamestop they always end up selling an outrageous number of prereserves for a game when they know for a fact that they aren't going to get that many copies of said game/system. That kind of crap should be illegal in my book. I laugh at the retards there everytime they try to take some of my money to reserve a game coming out and tell them if I want the game on day one, I'll go over to Best Buy and pick it up without having to pay anything in advance.

13. geerave

geerave Well-Known Member

i love the reservations! its not like your losing money. its also nice because i can pay games off over time. my wife would kill me if she new i was spending over 100 bucks on just one game (halo 3), but i have been putting 10 bucks a week on it for the last few months, and now have it paid in full

14. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

Halo 3 is probably a safe bet for Gamestop since it's so high profile. Halo 2 is the only game I can think of that I was able to walk in to gamestop when it was released and actually pick it up.

I had to wait like, 2 weeks after the GBA came out for my reserved copy to get in. I would have just gone somewhere else since I'd seen them in stock around, but I had already paid for part of it and traded in my old GB for part of the cost.

When I went in to pick up Windwaker and my Ocarina of Time bonus disc for GC they told me that they had sold more reserves than planned and it would be a week or more for more copies to come in. I asked for my money back, drove over to TRU, and picked up Windwaker and Ocarina without having to reserve through them since they have a policy of NOT overselling the reserves.

15. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Sweet! I might have to go pick up Dead Rising now.

And like you Hulk, I just can't get into Gears of Wars. I've been more into Lego Star Wars than Gears.

16. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

Gamestop is great for reserving new games (sometimes you get some cool stuff for a bonus) and as said the ability to find some used games cheap.

I went in and had a copy of metroid prime 2 factory sealed (it was an x-mas gift but I already had the game). I wasn't expecting to get full price or something. But all they did was scan the upc on the back and told me thats it. Even if it was never opened. I went to a local place and got more for it then I did there.

And then some gamestops have employees that are annoying, but thats a whole nother can of worms

17. Alpha Prime

Alpha Prime Ten Years Strong

You'd get more for you games @ a pawn shop. Ebgames wont give you 5% of the game value and gamestop is getting pretty bad too.

it's been a while but i was going to trade in 5 gba games and EB offered me $6.25 and Gamestop said $17.00 so.... but like i've said, gamestop is getting worse about trade in valuse, now that'd be about 11-12 dollars

18. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

All in all a nice haul.

19. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

You realize Gamestop owns EB Games right?