So.... Does anyone acually play with their toys?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by hulk23869, May 29, 2008.

1. hulk23869

hulk23869 Well-Known Member

I know, I know, we're all collectors here, trying to keep our figures MISB, but does anyone acually have any of these figures that they play with? I admit, I do. Even at age 21 i'm a big geek about the toys and I do play with them. :thumb 

2. Wazzpinator

Wazzpinator is playin ODST

Yeah, I transform them all the time, make the autobots destroy the 'cons, see how many minicons I can attach to armada Megatron, make them in silly poses, (Like Jazz riding Megatron in jet fighter mode, or tank mode.) Or just fool around with them when I'm bored. I don't care about value or whatnot. I have a G1 Grapple and Soundwave and I mess around with them too. Except Soundwave is missing all his pieces and is wobbly. And Grapple would like hands.

3. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    The number of loose collectors here far exceeds the number of MISB collectors.

I play with them occasionally, mostly when I'm making my comics (Yeah, I still do that once in a blue moon). It's just easier to write the story when I'm involved with the whole thing.

My friends, on the other hand, would play with them whenever they had the chance. Yes, they are the same age as me.

4. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i always play with them lol-in fact, none of mine are MISB, or even still have their box =/ but i mean, they are toys-kinda hard not to play with them, ya know?

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I do, though not like how I used to a couple of years ago when I was still a child, but occasionally there's a smackdown at the desk.

6. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I play with the things all the damn time. It's why I like them, to transform and mess around with.

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Why do you think i but them.

8. BlitzFire

BlitzFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i dont really play with mine and they are not MISB or MIB or MOSC or whatever. I open them, transform them and put them on the shelf.

however...i do change their poses whenever i clean my stuff....ill empty the shelf, dust it and the TF and then change their poses and put them back lol

9. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch TFW2005 Supporter

Rather than argue the semantics of play, I'll just state what I do with mine.

I have a 4 shelf display case of which my most prized out of box TF's are posed, and I change their poses each month (or when I'm bored) and sometimes remove and replace certain TF's with the latest Flavor of the month if I need the space.

I have Alternators Ravage and Titanium soundwave on my office desk at work and transform them and pose them on occasion (usually because some of my co-workers will put them in compromising positions, like soundwave doing ravage doggy stye,bastards)

I have some other loose TF's on my desk at home and mostly just transform and pose them, never in the presence of my girlfriend (who rolls her eyes enough at the fact that I have more TF's than pictures of her or us).

Gone are the days where I used to have all out wars between my G1 TF's, G.I Joes, He-Man and TMNT out in my back yard with plenty of sand, mud, firecrackers and bb guns to accentuate the madness :( 

10. Transquito

Transquito Reach For The Light TFW2005 Supporter

Well ...

I gotta admit that i like to make a smackdown between Movie Voyager Prime and Leader Megs on the floor ... when im home alone ... cough* :drunk 

And sometimes ... i just do some random stuffz with them ...

I can imagine that its going to get worse as soon as i get ma Animated figs ...
    I cant stop thinking about them ... :drool:  BEST LINE EVER

... But most of the time, my figures are stock on my shelfs ! ...

11. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I'm not a MISB guy at all, and I've actually been trying to put more "playtime" into them recently. I have a lot of free time on my hands, and I've been seriously considering putting Transformers in random spots around the house, as if they're mounting up for a large scale battle. Not sure if my dad would find it as amusing, though :lol 

12. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Why bother buying them if you're not going to play with them? I've always got one or two on my person to carry around and play with. Right now it's Animated Soundwave and Lugnut.

13. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    hell yea.....and yes i PLAY with them (ie full stories and badass battles)

hell my latest battle is still there.....bludegon (cyb unicron) has his own sword in his chest and shit.....it was all out robot destruction....one of my best and biggest battles ever.....lol every great leader of all time on both sides fought and brought there men...so lets see about 5-6 primes and about 4-5 megs plus men equal awsome :bay 

14. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    man, I wish i ad the imagination to play with them, but then my collection would be wore out, and nothing would be in prestine condition, especiall my lucky draws. so most of the time, I have a compulsion to transform my toys at least once or twice a month. I cant help busting them out of the box. I love the comics, so that gives my imagination some help.

15. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

lol yes, yes I do. I'll be 28 next month and I still play with them. Not like making sound effects and massive battles or anything (expensive investments lol) but I sure do play with 'em. Why not? That's what they're made for! Hell, if we all did that a little more, we might just be a bit happier in our lives. Always make time to play, it's fun!

16. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Peaugh, you have animated Soundwave? awesome! are you gonna do a review on him as well?

and more on topic-i love to play with these guys, may have an epic battle tonight, iunno yet. but i know as soon as my Classics Ultra Magnus and Skywarp 2 pack arrive, there will be quite a bit of oil-shed then as well!

also, something else i like to do with the ones i bought, didnt like, but kept anyways (usually the movie scouts) will end up on the bad end of a firing squad-i line them up and blast them with my nerf guns-its usually pretty funny-Air Raid ended up with one caught between his shoulderblade and helmet thing ^_^ (also something i do to war prisoners and those sentenced to death-its actually kinda fun, esp. cause theres usually a bot with me as the shooter)

17. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nah. I might transform them every now and then (a couple of times a month) but my G1 bots are displayed, along with MPs, and the rest are rotated between my desk and storage.

At almost 30 I don't find any enjoyment out of whooshing them around or having big battles. Not my thing. But to each their own; I know and understand there are plenty of peeps who do, and more power to them - they are toys, after all!

18. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    Hell Yeah! I buy them as collectibles, then treat them like toys. I love when I can think of a good "mission". The only prob is pausing to transform everybody, so I just go "Transform and Roll Out!" and drive everybody around on their bellies. I also LOVE doing their voices. I'm pretty good at some of them.

Good Fun!

19. Max-prime

Max-prime Supreme-Commander

News Credits:
    I might do a loose collection eventually I just dont have the room to have them spread out ( I hate see collection where there all Clump together and you can hardly make out whos in there ) Plus I'm a big box art freak MIB/SB for me !!

20. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    "Yes" if you mean constantly fiddling with, transforming, and posing the toys.

"No" if you mean smacking them into each other and making 'pew pew pew!' noises in mock battle like in commercials

Then again, I rarely did that kinda thing at kid age. Closest I can recall is staging a re-enactment of "Star Wars" using all my available SW toys and figures in the driveway of my home. :)