So, did Takara just abandon TF Adventure?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BB Shockwave, Jul 21, 2017.

1. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am kinda wondering whether the line is dead altogether. It has been more than half a year since they released the last Warrior wave with Starscream, and nothing since then - neither any Seeker repaints, or any of the Scavengers, guys like Stormshot or Blastwave, or even the new Combiners.

I am mostly interested because in the past, I usually waited for the Takara releases to see if they are more show accurate... but if they are not making any new releases, I might as well buy the Hasbro ones right away.

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I'm guessing that they're just waiting till the hype for TLK goes down then afterwards they'll resume.

3. AirjitzuRonin

AirjitzuRonin Member of the Bee Team

I had this same question. I think Movie hype could've caused a hiatus but I'm not sure. They did abandon Prime to make Go! and Adventure is pretty different from RID and Aligned in general. Perhaps, Starscream Arc could have been changed into a fitting ending. Or maybe they just canceled or again are waiting for TLK hype to die.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

This should be in toy discussion.

Anyway,yeah it's weird.

5. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I really don't get waiting for Takara to release a toy. Sure the paint jobs are usually better than anything Hasbro puts out but other than that they're the exact same molds. It's really not worth the higher price just for a paint job. I think it would actually be cheaper to buy some paint and do it yourself. Craft stores usually have some freaking cheap model paint. Just get the Hasbro versions.

I wouldn't worry about Takara unless there are molds Hasbro can't release in the U.S.

• Like Like x 1
  6. matrixprime

matrixprime Just a guy who likes toys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Most people don't have the artistic skill do to detail painting without ruining a figure, and if you do have the talent to paint the detail you are looking for in some instances the paint doesn't hold up under transformation or posing as factory paint can, although I admit that factory paint can rub off too. Sometimes cheaper isn't always the answer if your are looking for the definitive version of a character, see third party collectors. Also sometimes it works to the advantage of the consumer to wait when you get drastic differences between figures (Legends vs Titans Return Blurr and Scourge) or get extra pieces (Legends Targetmasters).

• Like Like x 4
  7. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Yep.

• Like Like x 1
  8. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Sad Derpfester Noises

News Credits:
    Are they even airing RID in Japan anymore? If they are they may just scrap Adventure and rename the line.

• Like Like x 1