So did Sam's Parents ever see any Autobots or Decepticons?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Chaos328, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Chaos328

Chaos328 Decepticon

News Credits:
    So did they ever see them?

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    They deffinately knew about them, though from what I can gather they never actually met any in the movie. (though I'm sure after the events in the film Sam would have introduced them to at least BB if the others weren't around)

3. scarnivac

scarnivac Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    how would he else explain his camaro being a 2008 concept? =P

4. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Based on spoiler news.
    I have a feeling that TF2 will answer that question.

5. Soundwave784

Soundwave784 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "bad writing"

6. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    ba'dum, ching!

:lol 

Seriously though, I have to agree the fact Sam's rolling around in that Camaro would require explanation to the parents, and their displayed behavior in the interview during the credits seemed apologetic & cover-up-ish in regards to aliens, so I'd run with they already know.

7. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    That was the impression I got from the credit sequence.

8. Autobot-Girl

Autobot-Girl is possibly insane

It's already been said that while off-screen Sam's parents were informed about the Tfs

9. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Some of the spoilers claim that the parents will meet the TFs for the first time while on vacation in France, but that's one stupid spoiler, because they've obviuosly seen the new camaro, then were part of the convoy when the autobots rescued Sam and Mikaela, and when they were interviewed they seemed like they knew about the robots already.

10. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

i didnt get the impression that sams parents knew about the TFs from that end credit scene at all untill i read it on the internet, i took it as them just being really niave to the fact....

11. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the news someone could have some of the fighting on tape & send it to the news

12. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    Weren't Sam's parents in the other vehicles that were with them?

13. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Sam's parents don't know about the Robots yet...

The are pretty oblivious to things that aren't right in front of them. Even thinking the government would tell them of this because it's a free nation, and the government has no secrets. >.>

Yes that's actually how these characters think, and not them part of the cover up. Though no clue how Sam could explain the car.

14. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    So you actually know how fiction characters think?

Anyway, if it wasn't about those supposed spoilers that Sam parents meet the bots on ROTF, I'll be pretty sure they know their existence, check my previous post.

15. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    I can know how they think based on their portrayal. And after the whole sam happy time incident...

I can comfortably say with 99% certainty they are that dense and oblivious. It's a parent thing.

16. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

everyone saying that the parents know are doing the same thing...

17. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I'd at least imagine that Sector 7 ended up clarifying what had went on at the Witwicky house to Sam's parents, but told them that if they were to tell anyone they would have to suffer the consequences... kinda like those stories about those UFO peeps who claim that men in black showed up at their doors, revealed the truth about aliens/UFOs, and warn them to keep what they had learned a secret or else.

As for Sam's explaining the "new" Camaro, even though it's actually Bumblebee who went from the old to the new-style, he probably would say A) It was a reward for helping out/cooperating with Sector 7, or B) It's a robot in disguise.

18. Devastators Leg

Devastators Leg GFXicon

First of all the whole point of the credits sequence was to show that they DIDNT know and that they were completely oblivious. Remember, Spielberg did executive produce this, anyone remember ET? When the mom is cooking in the kitchen and the frigging alien is eating out of the fridge right behind her? The scene at the witwicky household with all the tformers was OBVIOUSLY a nod to that and to show that the parents DONT know anything. Youd have to be pretty dense not to catch that.

The parents dont know and will never know.

They werent in the caravan of sector 7 cars when Optimus interrupted them. How do I know that? Cuz we DIDNT SEE THEM.

How do you explain the 2008 camaro? Well its easy they never saw the 2008 camaro. Bumblebee was in bot form almost the entire witwicky house scene so at what point did the parents even ever see his car? Hmm.

Maybe theyll explain it in the sequel but for now, they DONT KNOW.

19. ScOpE+0

ScOpE+0 Active Member

Devastator makes some good points. But

ET is a completely different movie. Yes Speilburg was involved in both but no similarity. The reason for the parents appearing at the end (as explained by Michael Bay in the DVD(i think)) is only to show what happened to them, not to show that thy know so....my opinion is they know something but mabie not the whole story. I dnt have a son but if my kid rocked up in a $50000 car id know some thing is up....

20. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So for two years...they'll be completely oblivious to the fact that the car Sam bought suddenly turned into a brand new car? Yes they were taken away by S7, they were asked if they were suffering flu-like activity. Although it's not stated implicitly, it's made pretty clear that the parents have at least some idea of what's going on. Personally I think that the interview scene at the end made it seem that they knew. Also, why would they be being interviewed if they didn't know anything? News reporters don't just turn up to random peoples houses to ask them about aliens.