So..damn..close T_T

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NGW, May 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I had Shockwave in my hands, waited almost an hour for the gal that does trade-ins at Target to get back from going to a different store, only to be told that they can't actually do trade-ins for consoles (was trading in my 360, hate the thing so why keep it?). Was the only way I could afford the figure before I get paid on Friday, and it would mean I'd be able to get it without spending money I'd prolly rather not right now. I mean yeah Shockwave was a fallback if I couldn't find Megatron (big shocker, I couldn't), but he was one of the figures I wanted most anyways so I was so psyched to be holding him, just about to purchase him.

Thankfully I got my buddy in electronics to put it in the lock up at the boat..hopefully until Friday when I do get paid so I can just grab him then.

And damn the new toys are really small in person.

2. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

Why don't you flash your 360 and save money on games?

3. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

Your Target has a boat?

4. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Because I think the Xbox 360 is a piece of shit and I'd rather sell it for some quick cash to support a different hobby and game on my PS3, PC, Wii, DS, etc.

The electronics boat, that's the official term for the area with the registers.

5. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

I see.

You could probably sell your 360 to Gamestop.

6. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    Dude that sucks. I know that feeling when you finally find the toy you're looking for only to not have the money for it. I've lost many a good toy that way.

7. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Missing half the power cord (because Microsoft is fucktarded and just have to use proprietary components that only work with eachother, I can't just use any other cord with the power brick) so they won't take it, and if I go for cash, which I'd need to do, I'd get maybe half the price of a voyager.

8. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    That sucks man.

9. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Yeah, all the worse because I was so sure I was gonna be taking it home with me, I wouldn't have waited the better part of an hour otherwise. Lame we can't do console trades in-store. If you do it online it's like 2 weeks I think before you actually get the gift card with the credit on it for the items, and I think that's AFTER they receive them so....

10. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Most stores won't take back open consoles like that. Best bet is to try craigslist or just wait til Friday.

11. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Credit cards are magical

12. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    It's a trade-in, not a return (especially because of how old this particular 360 is, it's a pre-elite pro model). We can accept them via the online trade-in service, but not in-store.

I'm gonna have to wait til' Friday. I just hope my Shocky is still there before my shift that day.

Don't have one, don't want one, more trouble than they are worth.

Also don't have a bank account currently, had to close it due to issues with my bank changing their policies, and have yet to open a new one elsewhere.

13. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

You can say the same for the other systems, you can do that to those as well btw and support your hobby that way. I was going with that point really anyway. I sold my PS3 because I thought it was a POS and besides the few exclusives both have the same games but Live is better. It actually works ;) 

14. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Heh, I was so close too. I had Shockwave in my hands on Sunday. Literally had the box in my cart. Then for some STUPID reason I thought, "Oh, I'll just get this guy next time" and put him back. Now, there isn't a Shockwave ANYWHERE in my area. Son of a gun (no pun intended). :( 

15. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    PSN is back up fyi.

Besides, LIVE is a ripoff, complete waste of money only supported by the ignorant and stupid.

Steam is better than both, and as someone that is primarily a PC gamer the 360 is beyond a waste as it has virtually no exclusives worth a damn (especially this year) whereas the PS3 does and any multiplatform game is going to be better on the PC, with FREE online to boot.

16. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

I know it's prob not much help, but I traded in my...original X-Box (I'll admit, I haven't purchased a video game/ or system since dreamcast) for 60$ at a Gamestop back in 2005. Always an option, not sure what they would give for a 360 these days though.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Wow, way to brutally insult half of the people here.

Can't people just, fuck, pick a console and not be elitist snobs?

18. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I'm sorry but LIVE is a ripoff plain and simple. You can get a comparable (or better) service on pretty much any of its competitors for free. The only reason LIVE costs anything is because Microsoft says so, and they know that the majority of their userbase isn't going to say or do anything about it, just take the reaming. They tried the same crap with Windows LIVE, except PC gamers are far more used to online play as it has been around on PC for a lot longer, thus due to their lack of ignorance and unwillingness to just accept that crap, LIVE on Windows is now free. The same service you get on Xbox without the BS price attached.

19. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    You know what they say opinions are like assholes but this "stupid ignorant" asshole has been gaming trouble free for 7 years.

20. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Not sure how immature console-war food-fights resemble anything on topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.