So close!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ILoveDinobot, Aug 1, 2011.

1. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, that's what is killing me the most. That if I just answered one more
    right, I could have passed.

I'm going to try and contest it. And I will try again. I just feel so deflated right now, I sat through a 4 hour exam that costs nearly $300 to take and failed by 1 question. The level of miserable I am feeling right now, I can't even....

2. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes! Welcome to my world. I went through exactly the same thing as you during my final exam at high school. The passing grade is 6.0 out of 10, but it was doubly difficult for me because it was a French school. I worked myself to the bone and kept a dictionary with me at all times while studying. After the next few weeks of exams and anxiously awaiting the results, I got my final grade: 5.94, rounded down to a 5.9. I failed.

I switched to an IB course after that and didn't get my high school diploma. All I could do is watch my class from the stands during the graduation ceremony. I never got over that, and you won't get over this. Sorry.

3. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    :lol  yeah figured. Sorry to hear that your life sucks as much as mine in that not fair aspect.

4. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

man, thats just too harsh. :( 
    i hope things get better for you.

i dealt with my own failures. i take it with a shot of whiskey and move on. thats just me

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    Damn that sucks , it would probably be less painful if you had missed by a big margin than just by 1 question.

6. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    you do realize, that the word "MASTER" means you totally own a subject or field of study, right?
    if they asked you the $100 "Jeopardy!" questions, you'd be no more qualified to handle cases than a mop jockey could handle a chemistry lab at JPL.

back when i trained for medic, i walked into the National Registry exam all cocky and certain i had the patch in hand.
    never looked at a practice exam, didn't have study groups, just felt i knew it.
    when i hit 4 or 5 questions that had 4 possible answers, i knew i was in trouble.
    i went home without the patch.
    but on the next testing cycle, i was better armed. i knew the layout of the test and the areas i was weakest.

if you'd do more than just dismiss the FAIL on that letter and examine what areas you really failed, you can learn the shit you don't know and pass.

part of being a Master is being able to analyze yourself and improve.

until you get that, you won't ever truly benefit from an education.

i understand the challenges of the university life and from day one, i have been planning for when i have to get into post grad work myself. so i do empathize with your hard work. if that helps.

7. chaddi_90

chaddi_90 Prime

News Credits:
    I don't get sad, I get really, really, really mad!

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I think the fact that it's 101 is the real pisser. What a random number. It's like is WAS 100, but then they made it one more just to make people angry.

9. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Well the thing is I did study really hard, bought the practice exams, but when I went back through all my school notes I passed by all the macro SW notes because I didn't think there would be any macro questions. Then of course half the test was macro based questions so I had to guess at them. This just means I'll be more prepared next time. Just wish there didn't have to be a next time. I'm REALLY an anxious test taker.

10. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

Sorry to hear about that.

My only advice is to relax for a few days, then hit the books hard, and knock the test out of the park when you can next take it.

11. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ILD, that really sucks, but like you said, you'll be more prepared next time... and there IS a next time.

You'll nail it next time :) 

12. Anodythe

Anodythe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Aw sweetie. Take your left hand and place it on your right shoulder, then put your right hand onthe left shoulder and squeeze. Sending hugs is not as pleasing as giving them but I hope it helps. You tried...more than some of us ever will. I am so proud of you!

13. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Thanks guys.

Thank you, *hugs*.

I honestly believe these tests are a scam, I found that like only 20% pass it the first time. The way the test works is that they give you 170 questions and only count 150 questions. So they randomly take out 20 questions that don't count. It may not be as random as you think, I bet. :/ Probably the state just wants your money by making you retake the test. CONSPIRACY. And I also found out NY has a higher passing grade then other states, so in other states I would have passed.

14. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    it will get better. just don't see the FAIL as a dead end.
    remember, in the Air Force, pilots "die" every day in simulators and training missions so that when it counts, they survive.

Failure sucks, and i won't tell you to like it. i do hope this setback gives you more than just a bad feeling- like perspective and a new focus.

good luck.

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    That is so bullcrap. :mad 

Honestly i'm more angry than i should be.

16. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    :lolol  You think you're angry? I'm not even angry anymore, don't worry about it. I can just laugh at the state next time when I pass. And go "HA YOU MADE SOMEONE LIKE ME A LICENSED SOCIAL WORKER!"

I know, I know, I am not as upset as I was. I know as long as I am alive and kicking I can retake it. It's not really a "failure is not an option" life event as you said it is in war. I really wasn't prepared at all for it this time, I am going to pay to take some practice exams offered by the state too. So instead of being unprepared I'll be super over prepared! :lol 

-and thanks everyone for your kind words and support. When my 90 days are up, I'll be sure to let everyone know I passed ;) .

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I think i can forgive New York (it is still my fav state)