So, Bumblebee's voice box...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by UltraPrimal, Dec 12, 2018.

1. UltraPrimal

UltraPrimal YouTuber (she/they)‍️‍

News Credits:
    He can probably just go back, pick that up, and get it put back in right? It didn't look that damaged other than the hole put through it. I'm sure Ratchet, if he's one of the Autobots arriving to Earth at the end, could fix it up and reinstall it for him.

Because, damn, I am exhausted with radio-talk Bee. He wasn't even that bad in this movie. I even enjoyed it to some small degree. Probably mostly helped by the 80's songs. But if we have to go through another movie of Bee miming out or using his radio as a Speak & Spell again, no matter how good the movie, I'm going to be frustrated.

It slows down and takes you out of the movie. Because instead of Bee just saying what he means, he has to play some song or clip which you then have to interpolate in your mind as OK, Bee is mad, or happy, or whatever. I would love to watch a Transformers movie where Bumblebee can just have a conversation. I can't imagine that paying a voice actor would cost any more than licencing all those songs and stuff.

And Bee could still have those fish out of water moments. Like say Charlie, or whoever the next human protagonist is, if she's mad at her parents, Bee can be like, "What's a parent?" And then it would eventually lead into a scene like in Animated where Sari had to explain to Optimus Prime where babies come from. Bee can still be cute and funny without making him into a giant transforming alien puppy dog.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 8
  2. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like to keep the injury. It adds something. It feels war has lasting consequences. But that's just my viewpoint.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

I feel the same way. I never liked the gimmick to begin with, and I'm completely sick of it now. I just want him to talk like a normal character, and they've already got a voice actor cast.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Caminus Prime

Caminus Prime Banned

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I'm so glad Ratchet got the first line in the movie. It gives me great hopes that Travis is gonna treat him right in future movies (assuming either is coming back) and actually explore his medical expertise.

• Like Like x 1
  5. hendrijr

hendrijr Well-Known Member

Humans invented Siri 30 years after this movie takes place. You telling me an advanced race of robots can’t create a similar tech so he doesn’t have to use radio voice?

• Like Like x 2
  6. QuintusTheExaltedOne

QuintusTheExaltedOne Creator of the Quintessons and ex-Prime

News Credits:
    Well sadly Travis isn’t returning to direct any more transformers movies, but he will be the creative consultant for the whole universe.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Terrellatron

Terrellatron REPAIR REPAIR REPAIR

News Credits:
    Bro my friend was like: So is he going to pick that up or no lolol

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lionhart44

Lionhart44 Well-Known Member

He isn't?

• Like Like x 2
  9. RazorX3000

RazorX3000 Cybertronian Monkey

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As long as he still has projects with Laika to work on, then no, he won’t be directing any transformers movie for the next few years.

• Like Like x 1
  10. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    Dang it!

Ok, that gives me hope, where’d you hear this though?

11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Let's just hope someone fixes Bumblebee and they get rid of the gimmick forever.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Daimao

Daimao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    20 years from now the fandom will look back and be like "remember the decade that Bumblebee couldn't talk"

• Like Like x 2
  13. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Him being a consultant has not been confirmed either

14. hendrijr

Today is a big day for BB. New Year’s Eve gross will go a long way in determining what kind of legs we can expect. Anything over 3.5m today and it’s a good bet the film can cruise past the $130m domestic take of TLK.

15. hendrijr

Just remember the Batman begins effect. That was the film that did not do what many expected it to do at the box office but it generated so much goodwill amongst the core Fanbase that had left the franchise for dead and created great word-of-mouth that lead to great DVD sales. Fast forward to The Dark Knight and you had one of the biggest films of all time.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sablebot

Sablebot #thinkitaintillegalyet

AMEN!!!!

17. Sablebot

Sablebot #thinkitaintillegalyet

Agreed-one of THE most basic and significant rules of filmmaking is, if we are told a character's occupation, or thing that they do, then we should be told visually. . .not verbally.

18. Shockwavers

Shockwavers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    I think Ratchet was one of the few characters that Bay did right. Sure he didn't have a lot of screentime. But it's not like his character was an insult to G1 (I think)

19. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think a difference is that after Batman Begins people had a good idea of where they were going with Batman. But with Transformers it's just so unclear what the next movie by Paramount will be.

Plus goodwill can just as easily be squandered. The studio thought they could ride happy people into Pacific Rim 2 being a big hit and Paramount thought the follow up to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles could be a massive hit. It's really so hit and miss with Hollywood studios. The follow up to Bumblebee might be something great or it might be something that makes Bumblebee seem like a fluke.

Bumblebee is a much better direction for the film franchise but we aren't nearly out of the woods yet.

20. hendrijr

I agree. But imagine the follow up being an optimus Prime film being helmed by James Gunn with Prime uniting the autobots on earth while fighting hordes of deceptions ending in a showdown with a G1 inspired Megatron. How could they screw that up?