So Bumblebee STILL has voice problems. What u think of that?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Roadtrack, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Roadtrack

Roadtrack Well-Known Member

I really don't like it. It serves NOTHING to the story. He should have been able to speak clearly now. There's no reason for him to talk in radiospeak in the sequel. Forget the Alliance comic!
    Tell me what you think about this fact.

2. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    I don't mind it at all. i thought it was well done the first time and this time he has some ability to speak while still using the radio as a crutch. So I'm sure we'll hear him speak.

3. Pepsiman98

Pepsiman98 Consulting Criminal

i actually like it. didnt think his voice at the end at TF1 matched the charecter at ALL. :( 

4. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I thought Bumblebee's voice was restored at the end of the first movie... :( 

Or is it not completely restored, that he still has to use the radio in order to speak sometimes?

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    It's good for me. At least they didn't pretend he COULDN'T talk, but instead made it seem like it was just difficult, and the only reason he did it at the end off the first movie was because of how important it was. I like the radio talk and pantomime, especially since they were getting his character across without actually talking.

6. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I don't like that his voice isn't working because of comic book events.

I liked the XM-Speak, and I think Bumblebee is smart enough to speak and use the radio, kinda like he did in the Showest footage. If he talks like that throughout the movie, a mix between the two, then it'll be OK.

7. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Honestly, I'm glad he talks in radiospeak, it worked way better than I thought it would've during the first movie.

8. Roadtrack

Roadtrack Well-Known Member

after reading what you just said, I think I agree with you. If Bee talks in a mix between his voice and radio, then I don't have a problem with.

9. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    The thing I hate is that he acts like a child when he "radio speaks" but not when he normally speaks.

That's dumb.

10. FreddyGruesum

FreddyGruesum Well-Known Member

Wht he said

11. GuyverDarkHero

GuyverDarkHero Active Member

snap thats how I feel, but I'm liking the mixed in voice with the radio tho!

12. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    To be honest, I hope Bumblebee uses both Normal and Radio Speech in the Revenge of the Fallen; Mark Ryan still seems to be lending his voice to 'Bee when he inquired "What. Is. Your. Purpose --- Sam?" at the very end of the question. He sounded rather hoarse, like he hadn't used his voice in a while. Its either that or he really was playing up the "Voice Problems" with Sam because he might've been in trouble with his charge. It might be because he's a tad bit hesitant to speak because of his what happened to him on Cybertron and I wouldn't blame him if this was case.

Bumblebee looks like a quiet fellow by nature, despite his outward behavior.

13. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude inimitable, original

News Credits:
    dont care all that much really

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Not too crazy about Bumblebee going back to talking in song. Guess I'll have to wait until the film to find out how it's going to work out.

Also not too sure why they are going by the comic books when the writers of the movie said that what happens in the comics don't effect what happens in the film.

15. tonks00

tonks00 spec ed

I like the idea of him using the radio, and I think that that is what we are going to see.
    Reason why I beleive that is that Bay has been really enthusiastic about how the bots are able to show a lot more emotion in this movie, and I think that he wants to use Bumblebee as a model for this. As for him, body language and facial expression on more imperitife to his communication, and having no voice to distink his personality. So he would be perfect to show off.

16. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    I like how they pulled off the whole, ' I can't talk so let me use something else! ' thing.

17. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly.

18. DieMaus

DieMaus is blawesome

News Credits:
    Really, I can't actually think of any other way to do it. Like it or not, the radio-talk was one of Bumblebee's defining traits in the first film, and played a large part in making that character so popular; I know that his voicebox was sort of fixed at the end, but I can understand that the filmmakers wouldn't want the character to lose such a distinctive trait as that, so the stilted mix shown in the ShoWest clip seems a good compromise.

19. cnic

cnic Decepticon

He may be playing it up to make it worse than it is.Kind of like a little kid acts up when they don't get enough attention.Sam and Mikela's relationship is getting more serious and that probably is getting to Bee in some way.

20. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like how they kept it, Bumblebee is alot more charming as a character when speaking like that.