So Bumblebee does talk but faking it?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by retro.obsessed, Jul 4, 2009.

1. retro.obsessed

retro.obsessed Banned

When Megan Fox enters the garage and says still having voice problems after two years, Sam said Bumblebee is faking it and can talk

I guess Bumblebee can communicate better with Sam when not talking

Anyways Bumblebee looks tougher when not talking...in part one he sounded like a gay professor

2. j.a.f.o.

j.a.f.o. Just Looking, Not Buying

This makes no sense. Coherent full-sentence speech > random movie/tv/radio sound bytes.

Chalk it up to one of the five bazillion inconsistencies/plot holes of ROTF.

3. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    Really? Mark Ryan sounds like a 'gay professor'? I had no idea. Did Jetfire sound like a 'bi pirate'? I ask because it was the same guy voicing.

I think what the intent of the filmakers is that Bumblebee does have limited use of his voice back, but not fully and now leans toward using this 'bits of soundbites' style to communicate.

Apparently a lot of people like the 'pet' feel this gives to Bumblebee.

What I don't understand is there's a couple of parts where Bee does get out some of those crumbly forced words, yet I can't find a credit to a VA.

But regardless, they need to drop the idea already.

4. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sam said he was 'working' it. meaning he could be faking or he still can't talk but he's using it so people feel bad for him. It can go either way, but since he didn't talk at all this time so I'm gonna say the latter.

jD001

5. retro.obsessed

retro.obsessed Banned

Bumblebee is clearly faking it

In part one Bumblebee was so banged I thought he was going to die. He got his legs blown apart and toke what Rachett couple hours to fix. At end of part one Rachett shoots a laser at Bumblebee throat and starts talking. If it was that easy to fix Bumblebee for Rachett, then Bumbebee is clearly and obviously faking his voice. Sams even says Bumblebee is faking it.

It does take two years to fix Bumblebees voice especially it clearly shows Rachett fixing things in seconds

YES Bumblebee is faking it

6. Covenant

Ebay:
    Exact words..

Mikaela: Is he still having voice problems?

Sam: He's just playing it up.

7. Covenant

Ebay:
    Er, the Ratchet beam thingie came at the Autobot's intro in the first film, not the end.

And there's a following of the idea that when the Allspark mass-shifted and Bumblebee held it, that's where the repair came from allowing his ability to speak return.

Well, return until the makers of the films decided they wanted to revert his ability in the sequel.

8. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Read Alliance & you'll understand.

9. Jingoku

Jingoku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You can't expect the entire audience to read the comics first to understand why certain things are the way they are in the Movie.

10. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:

11. retro.obsessed

retro.obsessed Banned

i agree

12. Simian

Simian Biscuits and Gravy....???

News Credits:
    This /\
    QFT...

I believe most peoples problem with this movie is they just didn't pay attention...

I read one post where someone asked where did Sam hurt his hand...?

13. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He got alot more charm with his radio-speak to be honest.

Plus the Mark Ryan voice they used sucked, even Mark admited he would've done it differently if he was told.

14. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

Actually, I think Paramount likes the "marketable pop soundtrack" feel this gives to their merchandising opportunities.

15. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

I heard it. Just because the movie says a thing doesn't mean its not stupid nonsense. WHY would he "play it up" for 2-3 years? What's the point?

16. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

this

if he talks it just takes away some of his loveableness

17. Covenant

Ebay:
    This.

I know, or think I know, that in the books/comics for prequel material there's an explanation for it, but as much as I love that kind of stuff (didn't have the extra cash to keep up with it this time around) no movie going audience should be required to have homework just to follow along with a film. It's great for the hardcore fanbase that want to know everything, but very detrimental to a film where most folks don't know about, will never know about and certainly shouldn't have to know about pre-film material/explanations.

18. protocida

protocida Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bumblebee is not faking it. There's a scene, cut from the movie, where he asks Sam what his purpose is. He manages to say "Sam" in his normal voice. He can only talk small things, like "Go", "Hide" and "Sam", I think.

19. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    No we can't, but since probably half the people here did read the Sequel-Prequel comics and then Novelization(s) of ROTF, there's really no need to complain to a bunch of people who are aware of the situation with Bumblebee is there? I liked Mark Ryan's voice for Bumblebee, I think gives him a edge a maturity that you wouldn't assume from a Autobot like him because he is the youngest of the group.

Anyways, Like I said before:

20. Scaleface

Scaleface TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I still don't like the idea of radio talk the first place, but I agree that the voice actor they used didn't sound good.

I'd have been much happier with a G1 voice actor for Bumblebee too. The voice of Dan Gilvezan was nearly as iconic as Peter Cullen. I guess that would be too much to hope for.