So bored that you start playing other games you barely play...

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by thebruteslayer, Nov 20, 2011.

1. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    I played Gears of War 3 since release so much that I had to have something new until the RAAM's Shadow DLC arrives, so I looked through my games and picked out Fallout: New Vegas.
    Gears 3 is still amazing and I got my 60 bucks worth, but with the hype of other games I sort of want to have a little more.

Now that Fallout didn't want to work after a while, I suddenly want to play COD...

Had this ever happen to you?

2. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

I go back to games that i have not played in a while all the time. This is why i rarely trade in or sell games. The day after i sell it i will want to play it. Hell just yesterday i started playing Super Paper Mario so i can finish it in between Skyrim binges.

3. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    After a few matches of MW2, it's pretty clear of hackers and shit so far.

4. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Actually, this hardly happens to me. I'm not really the kind of person who buys so many games that he hardly has time to appreciate all of them. I'll usually buy a game and play the hell out of it until I get a new game later. That, or I just play it until I feel like playing TF2, which I will still be playing ages from now.

5. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    I've playing Final Fantasy X for days. And then BAM I went and finished evil karma on inFamous. Just because. Then I go back to FFX only to turn around and play Drakes Fortune over again. Now I'm back to FFX... I've got video game ADD.

6. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Out of boredom and frustration that I can't get my hands on Skyrim, I loaded up Oblivion on the PC and modded the shit out of it. The past couple of days have given me some of the best gaming experiences of my life, Oblivion is awesome.

7. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    Yep. During summer when absolutely NOTHING was coming out, I went back to playing.......oh dear...Earth Defense Force 2017 (that was torture).....and Viva Pinata. I also attempted to play Transformers: The Video Game in an attempt to defeat Ironhide whilst I was playing as Blackout, but quickly remembered just how shitty it was and threw the game behind the TV

8. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I always keep certain games around for the various lulls in new or interesting games. Games like Star Wars Battlefront 2, The Warriors, and my various classic game compilations.

9. Starfire22

Starfire22 Zoot Suit Riot

News Credits:
    It happens to me as well, but I instead break out the old systems and play them. (SNES anyone?)

10. Fuzz

Fuzz Garbage Pail Kid TFW2005 Supporter

Once in a while I'll break out the ol' modded PS1 and play some Thrill Kill.

11. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

I always go back to old fighting games

Vampire Savior
    Neo Geo Battle Coliseum
    Mark of the Wolves
    Alpha 3

Aaaahhhh...good times.

12. magmatron

magmatron Hyper Sentinel Force!

News Credits:
    Might be silly, but whenever I want to return to an old game for just a few minutes it's always a Kirby game. Maybe I feel I need to lighten up and see bright colors, cheerful music and cute critters that want to murder me.

13. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    I've been playing Skyrim, but whenever the game glitches out on me and completely freezes up (has happened at 4 or 5 times now, game is so bug ridden its not even funny) I've put Deus Ex HR back in the console.

Really pleased with how DEHR turned out. Haven't played Arkham City so far, but of all the games I've played this year Deus Ex is easily my GotY.

Also been playing DQ Rocket Slime on my 3DS and MGS1 on my ps2.

14. The Barracuda

The Barracuda Retro, bitches.

Since I'm a video game collector across more than a dozen consoles, I always go back and play games in between others (which can become a problem with not getting back into the game I was playing originally). I got back into GT5 to get my levels up and I only have one more race to go in B-Spec, the last 24 hour race. I just went back and passed Super Bomberman and started on South Park for the N64 on a whim. I also tried to get as far as possible on Strikers 1945 for the PS1 (which is awesome by the way). I also paid a little attention to Castlevania: Lord of Shadows. But now that Skyward Sword is out, it's going to get all my attention until finished.

15. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

I break out the N64 when I start to get bored with my other games. I'll usually do a round or two of the mini-games on Pokemon Stadium with my brother.

Fuckin' Clefairy Says...

16. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Dude, I wanted so badly to play that the other day, but the disc stopped working. I got so much play out of that game... I gotta get myself another copy of it.

17. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Third World War for the Sega CD.

Still one of the best simulation games ever.

I would die happy if one of the consoles ported it for DL.

18. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Oh yeah man! I'll be playing some crazy multiplayer shooter for days on days, then then my interest will just drop. If I havent bought a new game already, I'll make a little theme with the games I play.

Like play all my Tom Clancy games in chronological order. Before FEAR 3 came out, I played the first and 2nd game, again, as a marathon of it.

I'll also play racing simulators when I really want to wind down. I love Froza Motorsport 3, its a very impressive game to be, but I use it to chill out, even though I play on the more realistic settings for it, Im not a hardcore racer.

I think that I also use alot of simulators for that same purpose too, mostly flight sims and treat them like a learning experience, refine my technique, especially with landings.

19. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Streets of Rage 2 and 3 does it for me..Shinobi 3 to.

20. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

If anything, I have too many games as it is. Usually after I beat a game it's on to a new game, but there are a very few games that get me to go back and play them. The original X-Com for the PC is one of them. Also went back and mopped up some achievements in Dawn of War 2 a week or two ago, I forgot how old that game is now.

MvC2 every now and then too, but that rarely gets old.