So are you going to force yourself to see Friday the 13th just for the trailer?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Santoanderson, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Santoanderson

Santoanderson Well-Known Member

I'm not. This movie just looks bad, and the fact that Michael Bay is exclusively bundling the trailer with F13 is kind of insulting. I'd almost consider paying full price and walking out early, but the last time I did that was back in the Phantom Menace days, and ticket prices have doubled since then. Well, I guess I can wait a week...

It's too bad February is the time of the year when studios unload their worst films.

2. Hydrobot

Hydrobot Super Ginrai!

Gonna try to match Friday the 13th's start time with another movie that interests me. Gonna go into Friday the 13th's room until i see the trailer, then move on to the other room. If I get caught, I'll just claim it was a mistake and act all clumsy like I've done MANY times before.

3. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Oh darn I don't think you could pay me enough to watch the Friday the 13th movie. I stay on the warpath enough like it is that Hollywood doesn't have enough new ideas and to drag out Friday the 13th yet again just proves that.

Plus why waste money and time on a movie you don't want to see when you know the bad copies of the trailer will be all the internet the same day and a few days after that we will likely get some HD trailer to make up for people saying it looks bad just because bad copies are floating around.

Yea just wait it out about a week and you can watch it at home without having to endure the bad idea of lets bring out a worn out horror franchise.

4. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

not sure (I work for a theatre chain, so if I'm usher and I am doing theatre checks or if I can talk my manager into letting me peak in when the trailers start on screen, I can see it then)

5. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    nope, I will not force myself to see the movie, I am looking forward to seeing Friday the 13th, so I definitely won't mind at all.

6. Zaraxion1021

Zaraxion1021 Cybertronian Monarch

Lol, i would sorta movie hop to Friday the 13th. After the trailer, i leave. XD :hookday 

7. AMG

AMG Old School

Nope, I'll wait for the trailer to hit the net.

8. MegatronSupporter

MegatronSupporter Well-Known Member

Geez,remakes have been going on for years. If you want to subject yourself to movies that make you feel good about your intelligent quotent,then by all means,hey,do so. But don't act like some non made up person is trying to push another horror movie that is a remake down your throat again. It's like one of those compulsive obessive people who keep fixing something that doesn't need to be fixed. Not everyone is going to feel the same way about you about remakes all being terrible. And at least be greatful the originality machine in Hollywood still has gas left in it.

9. GAUGE

GAUGE In Art, Nothing Is Impossible.

News Credits:
    Maybe I'll force myself, since my girlfriend wants to see FT13 but idk as I really hate remakes of pop culture classics.

at least it's not some crummy Rob Zombie movie though. lol

10. UTF

UTF Manifestation of /toy/

News Credits:
    The internet will come to my aid, about 2 hours after the first showing has aired.

11. Kalyx triaD

Kalyx triaD R-Tyme Entertainment

I love these pretentious "I'll force myself to watch it" comments. Either you watch it cause you're interested or you don't cause you're not. Trying to have it both ways (feign disinterest while wanting to watch it anyway) is a pompous gesture where you end up looking silly. Even if you walk out of the theater, the studio wins. Even if you sneak in to watch it, the studio wins. You are wasting your time (and/or money) watching their film, and in no way are you 'keeping your status up' by watching it with a 'whatever' attitude.

Keep it real, if you're not interested or you feel it's a stupid remake - walk the walk and don't watch it. Don't save face by saying, "Yeah force myself to watch it," like you honestly have to force yourself to watch a movie or a trailer. C'mon.

12. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    not planning to see friday the 13th, the trailer will be online within 24 hours of it opening, either on buttcam or official release

13. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

My brother is a big horror fan and he digs Friday the 13th movies so I might go with him and watch the trailer.

Im not too excited about Friday the 13th(at all) but what the heck.

14. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've never seen Friday the 13th so I might give it a try; this is what reboots are supposed to do, provide entry-level storytelling and encourage interest in previous films.

15. Putrecon

Putrecon Banned

I'm a total old school (none of this Scream with nu-metal soundtrack crap) Horror nerd so I'm gonna see it for old times sake...with the added bonus of the TF trailer!

I'm not expecting it (F13) to be very good, their hasn't really been a decent Horror film for 20 years but who can resist the sight of Mr. Voorhees carving up delinquents :bowdown: 

16. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I hate how unoriginal Hollywood is that they have to bring back an updated remake of some cheesy series from the 80's.

Wait a minute....

17. Putrecon

Putrecon Banned

:lolol 

18. bumblebear

bumblebear Well-Known Member

for me i wait when trailer come online and i ll watchg HD trailer not in friday 13th nto my bad luck feb 13th no thanks lol

19. Moonhawk

Moonhawk Well-Known Member

The trailer will be on the net within hours of the first screening - so unless you plan to see F13 anyway - i'd save your money.

20. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:

or going by the original, if it's a shot for shot remake, MRS Voorhees
    do spoilers count after a quarter century has passed?
    i'll put them in just to be safe