So are we getting a wild car chase for TF:ROTF??

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by darthrage, Sep 24, 2008.

1. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    Michael Bay has a knack for doing car chases.

He did some of the wildest stuff in Bad Boys, The Rock, Bad Boys 2 and The Island.

Before Transformers came out, I always felt that we would see Michael Bay bust out his creativity in creating one of the most dynamic car chases ever. I thought it might involve Barricade and Bumblebee on a free way but instead it was a very short lived car chase without Transformation through a empty back lane.

As for the Optimus Prime vs Bonecrusher fight, it was an awesome fight but there wasn't much of a car chase. And it didn't really have a beginning or an end. It just happened in the middle there was lots of jump cutting during Bonecrusher's little moment of taking out cars on the free way.

So I was thinking that with all these scenes we've seen via youtube and spy photos, we really haven't seen any type of car chase footage (not that I expect us to see everything now). I realize that there's still 3 weeks left and only a small handful of people know where they're filming but I always felt that with all the high profile cars they got in the movie, the sequel really screams for another intense freeway chase.

Even if it doesn't involve ALL the Autobots, they could at least do a 2 Autobot vs 2 Decepticon chase.

In this case it would be Barricade and Audi R8 vs Bumblebee and Sideswipe or the Volt. Imagine Barricade and the Audi R8 transforming into their robot modes to take out cars that are in their way while Bumblebee and Sideswipe try to avoid them doing wild car maneuvers and even a little bit of teamwork. Or perhaps Sam is in BB's driver seat holding the splinter of the allspark which Barricade is after and when Barricade is close by, Sam throws the splinter out the window only to have Sideswipe transform out of car mode in high speed to catch the splint in mid air in his robot hands and once he lands back on the ground, he's back in car mode and the chase continues.

Now that would make up a sweet car chase. I really hope we at least get a 1 on 1 car chase which has a decent length and they transform in and out of modes.

I know big battle sequences and robot rumble action will be awesome especially since they claim its going to be 10x larger than the first but they're called AUTO bots for god's sakes and you got 2 sweet cars as Decepticons, and not to mention a Concept Corvette. And you also got the king of car chases directing the movie.

Here's praying for something crazy like what they did in Bad Boys 2 cuz that really blew me away.

I hope that perhaps its already filmed and involves the faster cars in the movie and it was filmed so secretly that nobody could get any spy photos or video footage on it.

2. PrimePower04

PrimePower04 I got the touch!

would be cool to see a crazy car chase.... I really hope during the chase the bots are continually transforming during the chase to manuever and shoot...it would be extreme to watch high speed transformations no doubt

3. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah we definitely need a better car chase, Sideswipe looks like he would be perfect for it since he has the wheels on his feet in bot mode, could transform from mode to mode without stopping.

There's so much potential for an awesome car chase, hopefully Bay will deliver.

4. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    yeah as much as I appreciated a good robot rumble, a Transformers movie directed by Michael Bay has wild car chase written all over it.

And we didn't really get that on the first movie so I hope they don't miss the opportunity in the sequel since they got all these sweet cars at the expense.

And don't forget Megatron is a freaking Cybertronian tank

Imagine that!!

Megatron in ALT tank mode on the ONCOMING traffic side of the freeway with his rear thrusters on so that he's going in at high speeds, shooting cars that are in his way.

While Bumblee or Sideswipe are on the other parallel side of the freeway. And Megatron turns his turret to the side and start blasting at them.

Now that is a chase scene to remember!

5. Yurre

Yurre I want space nachos XD

Michael Bay said he filmed a lot of the "car stunts" during the writers streik...

6. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Yeah, we need some really awesome car chases in TF:ROTF. With Barricade being a part of it would be a definite plus for me.

7. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i was severly disappointed with the car chase between Bee an Barr. in the first movie. it was totally under par with MBay's usual standard for high speed. there had better be an insane car chase in this one.

8. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Definately we need a good car chase, involving multiple characters, the autobots feeling from decepticons trying to get the splinter away from them or the unknown helicopter character chasing the autobots, while they try to hide from him in the city.

There's just so much potential to have the best car chase seqence in TFs that's almost obligatory for Bay to do it, and he is the man for that.

9. optimus#1

optimus#1 Member

I hope Bay has a sweet car chase. The last cool chase was Between BumbleBee and Barricade. That was cool!!!!!!

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It's hard to find a Bay movie that doesn't contain a chase scene so a car chase for Transformers 2 is almost a given.

I wonder if having to use concept cars hurt the chase scenes for the first movie because as it's been pointed out they seemed a bit lacking in the risk factor that you'd normally expect out of a Micheal Bay car chase. With any luck he'll have more cars this time that he doesn't have to baby because they have to come back show room fresh so that he can pull off some of his "oh @&!#" car chases.

11. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Hopefully one with more transformations, yes.

12. Fez Findie

Fez Findie Well-Known Member

What term ya would give for when someone who's really good at doin' somethin' ends up not doing that thing (at least that well) when the time would be right?

Kinda like in that Looney Toons cartoon with the singing frog? (Though I don't think it was at least that bad in the 1st movie :lol  )

13. Boy who screams

Boy who screams Banned

No. Car chases are crazy boring.

14. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Got tired of all those films that are nothing but full to the brim of car chases, huh?

15. Tell_Story

Tell_Story Well-Known Member

Save the really big car chase for part three please!

16. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    not if it's car chases between alien robots.

17. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    We still haven't seen a car chase between Transformers which transform in and out of ALT modes.

BC vs OP doesn't qualify as that because it was over so quick and they weren't even high speed cars like the Corvette and Camaro

Michael Bay has all these high performance sports cars at his disposal, it'd be a missed opportunity if there wasn't a car chase

18. Strikeback

Strikeback Drifting Away

Boy, you must've hated "Ronin."

I say YES. Something totally crazy & totally preposterous, like the chase in Bad Boys II with better music/cuts.