So Are There ANY Differences in Paint Apps Between Hasbro & Takara Dotm Figures?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Auto Morph, May 26, 2011.

1. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Since we found out recently that Takara DotM Sideswipe is going to be the same dull, unpainted grey plastic that the Hasbro version is, I was wondering if there will be any differences at all in the paint apps for the other Takara figures like we've gotten in the past?
    There has been evidence of Takara giving their figures improved paint jobs compared to the Hasbro counterparts, but even they seem to be going down the cost-cutting route this time.
    This does not bode well for leader Sentinel and Ironhide...

Thoughts?

2. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I've been wondering the same myself. So far from what I've seen it's looking like a no.

3. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    So far it seems they are the same. I also wished they painted DOTM Sideswipe.

4. XxGeck0xX

XxGeck0xX デストロン 情報

News Credits:
    The only thing diffrent so far is the manicure that crankcase has in Japan instead of a stub for fingers, also roadbuster is missing one of his sponsors. Sentinal and Ironhide will be diffrent once the masterpiece versions are put out by Takara. USUALLY movie toys are ALMOST ALWAYS the same, but there have been some diffrences in the past (ex. Sidearm Sideswipe)

5. Mach

Mach Grand Master

News Credits:
    Voyager Prime is different....

6. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    People keep using Sidearm Sideswipe as an example of differences in the movie line. Let me remind you that Sidearm wasn't part of the official movie line. This is important because there were more differences in general in the lines that followed than in the official ROTF line.

For every movie Takara has offered extra bonus figures (which tend to be expensive) that Hasbro has not. These have sometimes included superior paint jobs. But the mainline movie figures them selves have had very few differences.

7. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

Not much changes really...

Movie 1:

Classic Camaro Bumblebee had translucent blue windows and missiles
    Black Allspark Power Arcee and Incinerator
    Optimus Prime Battle Mode
    Leader class Megatron has spring loaded claws(Other figures without spring probably got their spring as well.)

Revenge of the Fallen:

Optimus Prime has grey chest instead of red
    Buster Optimus Prime
    Human Alliance Jazz has translucent brown visor and windows, and Major Lennox is wearing green.

Not counting Buster Optimus Prime and Jetfire box set because that was a move by Hasbro of Asia and not TakaraTOMY of Japan. Yes yes, I do know it states TakaraTOMY on the box, but it's meant for the Asia market; Japan did not get it in regular retail. Hasbro is the main distributer in Asia. It wasn't even cataloged in TakaraTOMY's website.

8. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's a different Voyager Prime. When they release the "space armour" version, it'll be the same.

9. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    This is misinformation, TakaraTomy Sentinel Prime is exactly the same as Hasbro Sentinel Prime. There will be no Masterpiece version of this figure. That was a bad article on another board spreading information that wasn't correct. I had TT Sentinel Prime before selling it off as there was no difference between the one I already had.

Movie Masterpiece figures have always been the first release of the figure, not a second or more.

Randy

10. masishadow

masishadow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So is this still holding true? Even Sentinel Prime and such are pretty much the same?