So apparently I am now a packaging collector as well

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by M-Prime, Jan 22, 2007.

1. M-Prime

M-Prime Banned

Like the title says, I now apparently collect packaging. It started out as just keeping the reissue boxes. They look cool (both Takara TFC's and Hasbro CS), and work great to store the toys when not displayed and to prevent damage.
    Then, I started keeping the Cybertron boxes and cards for the bio info. Gone were the days of trading cards/stickers. And the damn bio info and tech specs were spread all over the place on the Cybertron packaging! You need to keep the whole box, or chop it to pieces and attempt to keep all of the pieces straight. Deluxe and scout cards are no problem, just toss the bubble and keep the card!
    Then along came the Beast Wars 10th Anniversary reissues, with the DVD and nice window packaging, I had to keep those (in case I ever sold them, of course!), and then the Titanium line. I had to keep those! They looked so cool, and I left the bases in there as well, so I had to! And then Classics. They're classic, they need to have packaging!
    And now apparently, I collect packaging.
    After seeing the movie packaging designs, I don't think I will be able to keep all of it. I need to find some way of consolidating all of the relevant info into a centralized place and then tossing the packaging.

How's about any of you? Have you found yourself sinking into a mire of never ending TF boxes? Do you toss them right away, damn the consequences?

2. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Me too. I just started keeping the packaging with the SWTFs. As you say, the packaging is just too good to toss, and the accesories need to go somewhere.

3. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I agree - some of the packaging and cardboards are really cool...but of course, I keep only selected ones.

4. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

I've been keeping a lot more packaging recently. I usually keep the cardboard box packaging and fold it up, but toss the bubbles.

5. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I've been keeping packaging for years. I actually have a brown paper bag full of packages ranging from Beast Wars to Beast machines, through RID. I stopped at Armada because they didn't have Bio-cards anymore.

When I unload some stuff, I hope to get rid of these also. I haven't looked at them in years and they are honestly just taking up some space.

6. jcard2005

jcard2005 Well-Known Member

If I had the space and the money then I would keep all the boxes. But alas..I don't..so I can't.

I personaly throw the boxes way and keep the cards. All weapons I have go into a big fishing box and store that way. As far as the bios...well..I usually get them from the net and file them away on a disk. I do however keep several of the large boxes and store the figures in them.

But I do keep the Reissue/Binaltech boxes for my guys.

7. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I save all my boxes, but they take up a lot of space. I really wish more TFs came in boxes instead of on cards; I hate having to rip the clear plastic off the front of the cards to get the toys out.

8. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

I've got the boxes and cards from every toy I've gotten for ages.

9. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Keeping them in their packages has it's advantages. Like when mom comes over , and she cant accuse you of playing with toys.

Look mom they're unopened!

10. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    I usually only keep the packaging for special ones, like my eHobby TFs or re-issues, and toss the rest.

As far as bio's go... the fist thing I do when I get any new TF is head over to Wikipedia, look their bio up on there, and save it as a text file for future referance. They're usually more in depth than the bio information on the packaging and will explain how the charicter interacts with all of the differant continuities in the differant TF universes and stuff.

I've also taken to placing all of the individule bio's into one big file, like a book, with each charicter as a seperate chapter, and keep it on a memory stick or thumb drive so when I get board, I have something to read to pass the time. Last time I checked it was well past 600 pages.

11. BowB4Prime

BowB4Prime arse dimples

i just cant bring myself to chunk em, i dont want them at all.... so i save them all just toss the bubbles