So anyone else's Walmart restocked with old waves?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ganjibal Vendef, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Ganjibal Vendef

Ganjibal Vendef Well-Known Member

After collecting the entire line of HFTD(or atleast I think I did I didn't get any of the Activators) I was looking forward to starting RTS. The walmarts around me recently restocked after havign their pegs be nearly barren for months. However all of the Voaygers are from HFTD wave 1 and the Deluxes are from HFTD Wave 2. There were some generations but none are the new waves. This wasn't at one Walmart either but 3 whole stores restocked this way.

No RTS figures to be found, I've yet to see any of the first wave figures like Fallback and Mindset in my area period.

2. Red Hope

Red Hope Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Mmmm. My hell-mart only has Rodimus vs Cylconus in the way of RtS. No Generations. And a lot of the Hunt for the 'Cons stuff. It was mostly empty pegs still. I'm in MD.

3. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i rode 30 miles to a Walmart in another town, and pickins were slim. yet, they showed signs of putting out new stock by having a Thunderwing.

before going home, stopped by the store that is closer to my house and their inventory sucked rancid monkey nuts.

nothing but Mudflaps, Jolts, Oil Pans, Dead Ends, and the legends class Payload.

sure, i could afford to buy what's on the pegs and make them restock, but odds are, it'd be a waste because the next day it would look just as old and bad as ever.

4. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Mine got a single case of Generations, HftD voyagers, and the BiS set, after selling everything at Christmas. They even added some additional pegs, when they moved everything around, that have yet to be filled with anything. I just know when they do finally get new stuff, it'll be everything all at once. Way more stuff than I can possibly get at one time.

5. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    After selling their entire stock, my Walmart could've put out new stock. They even told me they had the cases in the back. However, they instead put out 15+ Tuner Mudflaps. Now we know where they all went during the resets last year. Keep in mind, this was just last week.

6. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In North Iowa, the Wal-Mart, Target and K-Mart all still have 2009 movie toys on the pegs. The last new case we got were Activator Repaints. The last Deluxe case was the Generations with Thunderwing. We have yet to see a single RTS except for the two-pack.

I practically have to drive to Minneapolis to get anything new this year so far. MY Wal-mart actually modded out the Speed Stars cars after clearancing them out last month.

7. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    One of my Walmarts just restocked their deluxe pegs with a couple cases of Wave 1 HFTD, but mind you this particular Walmart got the other three waves of HFTD within a week or two of the first sightings.

8. Deceptichage

Deceptichage Decepticon Land Pirate

News Credits:
    Same stuff restocked before the Christmas rush. They are one wave behind Target on Generations and two waves behind RTS. The do have the BIS sets and Booberry Fallen and Highbrow.

9. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    About the same around here

Walk to toy aisle (probably nothing ... meh.)

See more toys on the pegs since last time (ohh??)

All wave 2/3 HFTD and leftover ROTF (aww... Wal-Mart you effin' tease)

10. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Yea, just rolled into my local Wally where there has been 9 or 12 empty pegs for Generations for about 3 weeks, and they just restocked.....with HFTD. There were already pegs full of those damn things and they decided to fill up all the empties. Guess it is one less place to hunt for a while.

11. Transfan76

Transfan76 Autobot

Wow what's happening with walmart these days ? Its like waiting for a newly released movie to come out at the redbox but far more longer.

12. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    One of my local Walmart stores has 9 RotF Mudflaps. This is not the Tuner redeco.

Additionally, most of the local Walmart stores here are stuck on wave 1 of Generations . . . .

. . . . which was first stocked in June 2010 here.

I've been done with Walmart for quite some time now to the point that unless it can't be bought anywhere else, we don't shop there.

13. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Same here I've got 2 Walmarts in my area and both are just restocking movie stuff. I'm starting to think they'll keep this up until the 3rd movie toys hit in June.

14. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    My Wal-Mart has a couple rows of empty pegs that will occasionally have a random Generations figure hung on one of them (nothing newer than Skullgrin), and two rows of pegs full of HftD and RotF crap that doesn't move.

I've seen Battle In Space come in and out, but that's about it. They've got a few Voyagers that don't budge, and every now and then a Leader Starscream that will disappear after a few days.

Only place I've seen stock RTS was Target (wave 2) and Walgreens and HEB (Wave 1).

Still no RTS Legends, Windcharger....

15. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    I haven't heard of RtS even sighted in a Walmart - only Kohls, Target, and around here there was a Black Friday miracle where Kmart had RtS wave 1.

Target seems the place to go so far. At least in Minnesota.

16. Acidophilus

Acidophilus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I regularly visit six different Walmarts near me. The second wave of Generations is the newest thing I've seen at any of them. No RTS at any of them either, and only one has the Rodimus/Cyclonus two-pack.

17. Acidophilus

Acidophilus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Jazz, and Tracks were first sighted at a Wal-mart.

Here it is: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/342945-tracks-jazz-spotted-retail.html

Target is the only place I've been finding, and buying Transformers since last August.

18. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
  19. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    My local Wal-Mart substituted their Generations space for ROTF Nest Wave 2 back even before Christmas and they've been sitting on a mix of HFTD wave 1/2 for ages.

20. Bumblejazz

Bumblejazz Autobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    The Walmart I work at only has one Battle in Space set, a Darkmount, and a few legends. It's pathetic.