So Animated toys are released on 6/22, a Sun?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, May 22, 2008.

1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Or can we expect to see them on the 21st a Sat?

2. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

Theres no telling, it being a summer release, they can hit anytime and anywhere, most likely, not till the next month around here.

3. bhaalistik

bhaalistik Shockwave's Love-child

Would not surprise me to see them on shelves the week prior to release...just a hunch.

4. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I didn't realize the 22nd was a Sunday. Sadly, this means that most of the stores around here probably won't have animated out until Monday at the earliest.

5. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

The Movie line came out on a Saturday, so there's no reason to believe that a Sunday will change the release situation for these guys.

6. silverstreak70

silverstreak70 Well-Known Member

Most retail stores won't set early unless approved by Hasbro. They face penalties such as not getting future new releases until after mass market release dates. Some stores will even have blocks on the registers not allowing the sale to go through until the date. For the most part, unless you have an avid fan working at a retail store (like me), they won't see the light of day until monday when they do modular resets.

7. bhaalistik

Totally agree...but there's always one Target or WalMart (etc...) that either doesn't know -or care- about the Hasbro policy and puts them out anyway. Maybe they feel that they are in a small out of the way suburb where the Hasbro Mafia can't touch them :tongue: 

8. OmegaDead

OmegaDead Well-Known Member

6/22???? I already bought cybertron mode prime/Bumble Bee/Lockdown/Cybertron mode Megatron & Starscream at my local toys r' us & walmarts in Hamilton ontario. I've also seen black arachnia/ratchet/prowl & a big ass Bulkhead for sale at these stores too. All in huge abundance. Where are you guys shopping?

9. OmegaDead

OmegaDead Well-Known Member

also they do release somethings on Sundays. They released gutiar hero 3 from where i'm at on a Sunday

10. bhaalistik

For once, everyone EXCEPT the US got theirs released already (save Ohio for Botcon)....so enjoy your one victory you, you...CANADIAN! :wink:  (I kid of course)

11. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

Yes I thought it was ironic that Canada got them a little over a month befor the U.S. this time around. I already have most of wave one except for Bulkhead (waiting for the Leader class) and Cybertron Megs (haven't seen him yet) or the two pack (which I don't even want...... except for that axe!!)