So, about those Seekers ...

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by CelticMutt, Apr 20, 2012.

1. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Herald of Thundercracker

Is it just me, or does Dreadwing = Thundercracker and Skyquake = Skywarp? I don't mean literally, but figuratively, as stand-ins. There's that developer comment about how if they were to ever be used on the show, they would have different models because the developers want Starscream to be unique. So what if they decided that instead of using Thundercracker and Skywarp with new bodies, they decided to instead come up with new Seekers with similar traits as replacements?

Skyquake = Skywarp: Ok, so they have similar names, which is extremely tenuous at best. But to me, their personalities seem very similar too. Ok, so Skywarp has never been that big on the honor thing that Prime claimed Skyquake was known for. But they are both unwaveringly loyal to Megatron, and they likes them some brute force. So ... yeah, that's all I got here. This one's a stretch I admit.

Dreadwing = Thundercracker: But I think this one has more to go on. Ok, tenuous bit first - they're both blue. Like I said, tenuous. However, a lot of depictions of Thundercracker (especially the IDW one) portrays him as an honorable warrior who becomes more and more unsure of Megatron's tactics as they become less and less honorable, or more and more brutal depending on the series. And in IDW-verse he goes rogue when he becomes disgusted with Megatron's antics. And Dreadwing is an honorbound warrior that we've already seen become unsure of Megatron's dishonorable actions, and seems to be the majority favorite for being the hinted at by the developers "future Dinobot like character." At this point, all we need is to see Dreadwing becoming fascinated with humans/human culture to really seal the resemblance.

Anyways, just something that occurred to me earlier. And again, I want to stress that I don't think they are literally meant to be Thundercracker and Skywarp, just replacements.

2. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    All you did for me was make me want to see Starscream and Dreadwing interact.

But you do have a point, they are a bit similar.

3. CelticMutt

I hate bumping, buuuut, I am curious to see if anyone else sees this.

4. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    No, I see them more like Dreadwing = Dreadwind and Skyquake = Darkwing. Aerial Decepticon warriors in a pair, but not seekers, and no affiliation to Starscream.

5. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Honestly, I just think he's an interesting & somewhat believable character. I don't need to place Dreadwing into an existing character box. I'd be cool with him having something to do with Depth Charge, though :) 

6. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    I definitely see the similarities between Thundercracker and Dreadwing. Not as much between Skyquake and Skywarp, but Skyquake did seem to charge into battle with OP and Bumblebee in a rather idiotic way, which is something Skywarp would've done

7. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I don't really see any similarity in personality, and Optimus said one of them (either Sky or Dread, I don't remember which) was the leader of his own armada of Seekers. Which would make them Starscream's equals, while G1 Skywarp and Thundercracker were subordinates.

8. CelticMutt

I think Dreadwing was the commander of his own fleet/armada.

9. Thilda

Thilda Treat your mother right!

News Credits:
    Dreadwing was a captain of a Seeker armada. Starscream was a commander of a squadron of the Energon Seekers. Not sure which title is more important.

10. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Well-Known Member

Dreadwing is basically Thundercracker done right if he shows doubts later on, but Skyquake has none of Skywarp's iconic traits. He isn't a thug, has no humor, can't teleport but is too dumb to know what to do with that ability. So basically, I still think the seekers are different enough to make an appearance.