'Snowman' Superion add-on kit..

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Seeker24, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Seeker24

Seeker24 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So i wanted to know some opinions about this kit. I already bought the original appendage kit, but im wondering if i should get the snowman version instead. I have the rotf target superion, which kit would look better on it?

2. Alung

Alung Lazybot

News Credits:
    It all depends on your taste. There are plenty of pictures available online for comparison but you already got the original, why get another one?

3. Seeker24

Seeker24 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think i like the white on the snowman version.. but im not sure. I looked at the pics but i was wondering about different opinions people have about it.

4. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
  5. llfalcon

llfalcon Well-Known Member

Instead of starting a new thread, I thought I'd piggy back this one. I see that TFsource has the original Appendage set for $44.95 and BBTS has it for $49.99. Both are sold out. TFsource has the Snowman kit for $99.95 and is in stock. Wasn't it at $49.99 at once point? Also, what are the extra "bells and whistles" included in the Snowman Kit? Thanks in advance.

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    no bells and whistles.

7. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    snowman version looks MUCH CLEANER AND BETTER me thinks. i would go for that one.

BTW does anyone know if fansproject will be remaking/ releasing more of these superion add on kits? i mean the reg version or snowman versons? i want a set for retail price if i can ever find one.

8. llfalcon

Well BBTS says the Aerial Team Appendage Add-On Kit (regular one) says
    PREORDER - SOLD OUT
    Estimated to Arrive
    1st Quarter 2010
    Our Price: $49.99

So $50 vs $100, I'll probably end up getting the darker grey.

9. mac&cheese

News Credits:
    wow, thanks i will preorder a set now. thanks again for the thumbs up bro. i supposed no snowman set will be reissue again since its a exclusive set to tf source?

10. mac&cheese

News Credits:

qoute myself--sucks i cant preorder it. sold out??????

11. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    No, TF Source said that it is a limited run just for them (forget exactly how many), so it is very, very, very doubtful that they will make more. There may be an outside chance that FP would give us another repaint of some sort, who knows on that one.

12. llfalcon

Yeah, I noticed there's no order button. Wonder, why they put that

13. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you should learn (quickly) that with 3rd party products, particularly FansProjects, you better preorder and fast to get the best deal.

Occasionally you'll get lucky like when TF source put the G3 trailer up for like $60-65 (terrific deall)

otherwise, i fully expect Munitioner, Explorer, and Defender to sell out sooner rather than later and for there to be a substantial price hike for those reselling them

14. Miggytron

Miggytron Slag Sucking Saurian

I was kicking myself when the price jumped from $50 to $70 but didn't do anything. Then I kicked myself again when it jumped to $100.

I was pretty close to getting the grey version but I just knew it would eat away at me and I would've cracked and paid $200 for the snowman version in 2 years. So I gritted my teeth and got it.

That's was a really painful transaction.

15. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    darker colors are much better on the rotf superion as they match the legs of the fighter jets

16. Miggytron

Miggytron Slag Sucking Saurian

Hmmm I've heard that the grey looks good on Energon Superion and the white on ROTF Superion, but I suppose that's a matter of taste. One thing's for sure though, the white looks more G1, which all things considered is what I will always choose in the classics line (which is why I have a mix of henkei and hasbro)

17. llfalcon

I never had the intention of getting ROTF Superion ($50 here in Canada) or the Appendage Kit. Then this past week I found it for $23.99. That's when I started looking into the Kit, only to find the dark grey is sold out and the Snowman Version is $100.

I had already gotten Bruticus and preordered the 2 add ons. So as for Superion, I'll keep him MISB until they rerelease the add on, TFsource drops the price, I can find it in the after market, or I end up selling it. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

18. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  19. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

So glad I picked up the Snowman version before the spike.....

Regarding the white kit, I think it looks better on ROTF Superion than the original gray. I watched the TFSource video review and there were comparison shots of the ROTF Superion w/white and Energon Superion w/gray. If you're looking for a more G1 aesthetic, I'd spring for the white. I would then pass on the gray kit to Energon Superion. They really look that much better, respectively.

And there are no bells and whistles.

20. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Funny you should mention the G3, it's because I saw TFSource dropped it to $60 I decided to pull the trigger on the Snowman, City Commander and G3 all in one shot back in January. I actually was iffy about the Snowman, not wanting to pay the extra $5 (heh) but since the grey was sold out everywhere I said why the hell not. Now I couldn't be happier with my decision.

Bruticus upgrade I have on pre-order, however I don't see the Defender selling out anytime soon as it's pretty a pricey bot that most people can live without.

Fansproject = the real "get(my)moneyincorporated"...in a good way :rock