Snowboarding

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Devastator001, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Devastator001

Devastator001 Prepare for Devastation TFW2005 Supporter

I wanted to find out who here at TFW snowboards. I've been thinking about taking up the sport and would like to get your thoughts on your experiences and so forth. I've been checking the internet and there's so much information to sort through. I figure, what better place to start is here and learn first hand from your experiences that would be helpful.

2. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

I'm still learning, but I think I am going to pick up a splitboard this summer so I can quit packing my board on my backpack.

3. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime Eat 'em up, eat 'em up, eat 'em up.

News Credits:
    Not only do I snowboard, but I have a board with War Within Prime plastered on it.

I haven't gone for about 2 years or more, but I certainly plan to try and get out again this winter sometime. It's a blast, as long as you aren't a skier. Otherwise you have a dick of a time trying to relearn the whole "stand up and go downhill" mathematic.

4. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I do. I travel around the country/world to do it, too.

I have about 4 boards. I had 2 of the Ride Transformers boards but sold one.

Your first day or so is gonna be pretty miserable, but after that, it's the best. Not a cheap sport though by any means. Let me know what questions you have.

I'm actually headed to Jackson Hole in about 2 weeks!

5. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    I'm a boarder, and I love it, the thrill of the speed and the control as one zig-zag down the slope, definitely do it, but rent the gears first, and if you like the sport, then buy your own gears, rentals don't always perform the best.

6. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

SO THAT WAS MY PROBLEM. I tried taking snowboarding lessons but I just couldn't get it down. I now know to blame learning to ski first.

7. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    I've been at it for about five years now. Can't get enough of it, but tend to spend more money on tfers. I never took lessons and learned from a friend. You just gotta go in and try it until you get a feel for it. I do have many friends that tried it and didn't like it. Chances are you might get a little hurt, but nothign too bad as long as your not overconfident.

8. Devastator001

Devastator001 Prepare for Devastation TFW2005 Supporter

Thank you all for the posts here. I never skiied before, so I don't have to worry too much. I've been doing some searching on the internet and found a site with I think are great tips for beginners:

wintercream - Snowboarding Tips for Beginners

Are there other great websites on the internet that's helpful for someone like myself who can benefit from the informations on the internet? There are a lot of websites on snowboarding, but some sites are not geared for beginners.