Snow White and the Huntsman

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by moreprimeland, Jun 12, 2012.

1. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I searched for another thread...can't believe more folks haven't had something to say about this movie.

[​IMG]

Went to see it today, and it's not a chick flick at all...plenty of fight scenes and enough witchcraft to rival many other movies we discuss in here.

I'm not a Twilight fan, but Kristen was pretty good as Snow White, she was at least believable in the role..she rode the horses, fell into the muck and fought battles against the Queen with her followers.
    Charlize Theron was amazing as the Queen...Witch of the Damned imho. Whoa!! The special effects were pretty good around her character...reminded me a lot of Once Upon A Time, the TV series.
    And last, but not least, Chris Hemsworth as the Huntsman, nothing like having Thor looking for you...and out for you..:lol  He didn't have superpowers but still had lots of stunts and fights and battle scenes to keep a Thor fan happy.
    Yeah, they had the 7 dwarfs, but like Once Upon a Time, the stories around those guys weren't fairy tales either.
    The forest scenes were beautiful, especially after seeing nothing but a blackened Queendom for most of the film.

Oh well, I enjoyed this film, did anybody see it?? Like it?? Discuss! :popcorn 

2. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My G/F wanted to see this so I took her. I was actually surprised at how much I liked it. The creature designs were great and the story was pretty well done, it just had pacing issues but its pretty impossible to not have that with a story this big condensed. I especially liked the evil queen, it was a well done character. I don't like Kristen because I don't think she can act. So maybe my opinion is biased but shes just the tween flavor right now in my eyes.

3. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Saw this about two weeks ago with some friends. I thought Charlize and Chris were good in the movie, but I still cannot stand Kristen Stewart. She just has no talent.

4. moreprimeland

News Credits:
    As for Kristen...It's funny and sad, but she's not really an actress is she??? I haven't seen her that many times in film, but when I have she is the SAME in every film...the same mannerisms and speech...everything is just the same with her....after all the Twilight stuff dies away, she probably will too.

5. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

blasphemy..kristen stewart can play the damsel in distress untill the end of time...i will never get tired of seeing her..but yeah she kinda acts the same in every movie so i see ur point..

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  6. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought it was....ok
    PETA is going to have a shit fit over the movie, lol
    I too thought it was weird to have normal sized actors in dwarf roles. I was weird to see Ian McShane full size head, upper body, and arms running around on a dwarf lower body and legs...just really seemed akward.
    There were some wonderful shots in the trailer that were not used in the movie which is a shame, and also leads me to think there was another ending shot with the fight between the Queen and snow white.

7. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you have ever seen Lord of the Rings its what they did for their dwarfs and hobbits. I really like this filming technique for these characters. It gives them a more proportional aspect that I can believe in. Its also good because I do like to see little people get more work in movies but in addition some actors get the work as well.

As for Kristen Stewart, it wasn't until I listened to a podcast that was showing her reading lines compared to other actors that I really realized she had no talent. It could also have a bit to do with the movie studios type casting her and not wanting her to be any different in movies either. The script reading proved to me that she just can't cut it, and shes not that pretty either and seems rather bitchy.

8. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Not gonna lie here. Until maybe 5 minutes ago, I legit thought this was like the 5th Twilight movie or something.

... but yeah, people can hate on K Stewart all the way, but in 5-10 years she's probably gonna be awesome in something, and that movie alone will serve to silence all but our fapping.

9. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    It was good, but some scenes couldve been edited out as many parts were just so slow. Not impressed with Kristen Stewart; all she does is run and say nothing in scenes where she should have contributed some dialogue

10. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its really too bad that the shot in the trailer of the queen screaming while the mirror shatters around her isnt even in the movie

11. moreprimeland

News Credits:
    Yeah, noticed that too...maybe it will be on the DVD...if anyone wants to buy it. :D 

Other posts..

Re: Ian McShane as a dwarf..he was great...and yeah, it's how they work in regular actors in small tyke roles these days, guess it's okay, just another trick in film making. At first, I was like...no, he's not ...oh yeah they did it again... :lol 

Re: Kristen...she does seem to be disinterested at times...and that comes thru on screen more often than folks will admit...now. Later, I suppose she could grow into a talented actress, but if she doesn't have it now, I doubt she will get better with age and time. But...never know, strange things can happen.

12. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
  13. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

o_O 

Because... why?

14. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Damn. This movie could've been about a bunch of rocks, but with that cast, I would still watch it.

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
  16. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I didn't care about seeing a sequel to this movie because I was highly disappointed by the first movie. However, that fifteen seconds of footage looked kinda decent, and they added Jessica Chastain and Emily Blunt as a sexy ice queen, so now I have to see it.

17. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Haha, I think it's more like "So Chris Hemsworth is popular enough to warrant his own spin-off". :) 

18. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

Don't care about the movie, but Jessica Chastain, Emily Blunt, and Charlize Theron are all in? They've got my ticket.

19. moreprimeland

News Credits:
  20. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i think it is more of, the producers trying to show how much the last movie didn't need Kristian Stewart.