Heavy/Scratch: Sneak Peek: Dash Razorclaw

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Treadshot A1, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/362040-screw-waiting-dash-headstrong.html
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/360662-one-more-look-dash-rampage.html
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/363123-might-well-dash-tantrum.html

Hey all! Have you been keeping up with my Predacon thread? Yes? No? I didn't think so. So here's a little reminder:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yeah, it's my new Dash Razorclaw!!! The Dash Predaons are my personal, updated versions of the original Predacons, who combine into Predashogun. Yeah, naming isn't my thing. :lol 

Razorclaw is the leader, and the ultimate predator. Reincarnated as a Cheetor, Razorclaw is now much faster, capable of keeping pace with fellow teammate Rampage. His forearms in both modes were bulked up, for increased damage output, and extra fast pouncing in Cheetor mode. His tail now doubles as a stabilizer fin, sacrificing articulation for stability at high speeds. In Cheetor mode, he almost exclusively uses sharpened claws hidden in his feet to rip apart enemies, and the foreclaws double as bladed gauntlets in robot mode. Night Vision eyes allow him to stalk his prey for cycles on end, and increased olfactory sensors pick up what the eyes can't see. Twin light beam guns mounted on his forehead quickly immobilise his victims, before his twin fangs suck the very energon out of the corpse...

Okay, so what did i do? Well, first, i took a Payload (Yes, the Dump Truck), and removed every bit of vehicular kibble from him, wheels, armor panels, head, everything. Then, i ripped apart a Lightning Saix Zoids kit, and mounted its legs to the remaining frame. The tail went on after i carved a slot into it, before moving on to the head. What a pain that was. I originally used some kotobukiya joints to mount the head, so that it could go from cheetor mode, to robot mode, while keeping the head on the chest. That failed miserably. So i went to bed. And i dreamt. I dreamt of one thing: A working Razorclaw head, mounted on Asoblocks joints. Sure enough, i wake up today, get out my old Asoblocks parts, and they fit in perfectly, even my bottle of Zap-A-Gap (which i swear comes from Queensland, it floods my customs with glue... :lol ) didn't get in the way. So now, the head is mounted on 4 ball joints, allowing a huge range of movement for the cheetor head (okay, only 2 ball joints are recommended to be used). So i left all the parts to dry, came back and...well, the knee joint got frozen. Turns out that Zap-A-Gap was being a paint after all. It took my dad and i a good half-hour witha knife to get that joint working again. Thankfully, everything works fine now. All i need is a robot head (you can see the ball joint already, it'll end up under the neck in cheetor mode), and then i can paint it. Razorclaw was realy the test bed, Rampage/Tantrum/Headstrong should go smoother, hopefully.

Teasers with only 1 picture suck. That's why there's 8 here. :D 

Also, a big thanks goes out to Mench0y for the inspiration, his Predacons were awesome! :) 

Another thanks to my buddy Falconhood, who provided me with the Lightning Saix kit (among other things). Really nice to get my Lightning Saix on time and in great condition, almost a shame to have had to rip him apart for this custom. He's been sitting in there for at least 11 years... :lol 

Attached Files:

2. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    damn.. this looks more like a steampuned ravage :D  how cool is that dude!!!

3. vert02

vert02 Member

Ebay:
    cool....already seeing a good progress...

am imagining the outcome...good luck there mate!

*dash for the fnishd project!*

4. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

zoidformers are so damn awesoeme as custom bashed transformers go
    and as updated versions of the original g1 predacons makes it even more awesome as well

5. DMcB360

DMcB360 Radicon G2

thats a fierce lookin kitty. beast alt modes have allot more character to them. just like this one, and too be honest, I would recommend jazzing up the robot mode a great deal to compete with the already great alt mode. great stuff. is he gonna stay yellow? kinda suites.

6. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    very impressed treadshot, this is gonna be a good one to follow

7. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

Now you're talking man, looking very slick! Great use of the base figure, he looks great. Thoughts for the head? Movie molds are wicked detailed, of their Voyagers I can only think of the Prime mold with a head that might match the movie aesthetic. Though a classics type head may do very well. Watching this for progress now. Gonna keep this wip updated, or is this just a teaser?

8. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I like where this is heading, using the Zoid parts for beast mode is a good move. I actually didn't realise that was a Payload base; from what I've seen, that's shaping up to be quite a popular base mould for customs that are going to be something else entirely.
    Unfortunately, my misinterpreting what it was has given me another idea which I'm probably not going to be able to start anytime soon... :p 

9. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Damn, you're right. Razorclaw is not happy with this revelation. :lol 

Thanks you two! :) 

Heh, this is a teaser, remember? That robot mode still has a long way to go...

And he's going to use G1 Razorclaw's paint scheme, or at least close to it.

Why thank you. :) 

Let's just say Shapeways is going to be getting an order quite soon for the head (among other things)...

And let me put it this way: It might be a teaser, it might be a WIP, but if you hold your breath for updates, don't come crawling to me when you suffocate... ;) 

Yes, Payload (and to a lesser extent, Long Haul) is very useful once his Dump Truck parts are gone, very generic if a bit Gorilla-y. Plus he has working pneumatics! How cool is that? :D 

And what might that idea be...?

10. Autobot-X1

Autobot-X1 Mentaly Hilarious

Ebay:
    That's what i was thinking also... either way it still looks Awesome!! Keep up the Great work! :thumbs2: :thumbs2: