I originally posted this in the Animated Toys Discussion, but I'm reposting here in Minor Mods at Plowking's request, since some people might actually want to voluntarily inflict this upon their figures. I apologize that the photos are not better; I didn't plan to turn this into a full walkthrough tutorial. I hope these will suffice. ------------------------------- So I finally located Animated Snarl/Slag (Aka Snarlag) last night, and happily cracked him open as soon as I got home. I got him into bot mode without much difficulty, and started playing with posing him. It was kind of hard to position or balance him, so I started looking him over for "secret" joints I might have missed. Below his knee is a seam in the plastic where two parts have been connected, and it REALLY looks like it ought to swivel at that point. Protip: It doesn't. "Some parts are made to detach if excessive force is applied." Right. Having broken the figure less than ten minutes out of the package, I was faced with one of two options: Return it, or Fix it. I decided to take it apart and see if a repair was feasible before I considered exchanging it -- plus I'm a sucker for taking things apart. You never know when something can be "Improved". After removing the side of the thigh panel, I removed the two screws in this photo to see what was inside of the joint I had broken: Note: This bit? Don't try to turn it. Just don't. Inside, I found a T-shaped peg. Obviously not meant to be turned. Oops. Hooray for blurry photos of Leg Pegs. ...Peg Legs? After fiddling with the pieces for a bit and looking at the way they connected, I figured that there was no reason why it couldn't be converted INTO a functional swivel joint. So I fished through my spare screws until I found a pair whose screw heads fit securely inside the hollow where the T_shaped peg used to be, and that weren't too long (less than a quarter inch.) Using my X-acto knife, I carved off the stump and smoothed down the area a bit. After carving off the remains of the peg, there's still a rectangular "Scar" in the plastic, which is good. I started a small hole with the tip of the X-acto in the absolute center of the rectangular scar, then opened it up further with a hand drill. Since the screws are short, I didn't need much room, plus there is a hollow channel just below the scar, which saves you some drilling, and excels at holding an invading screw in place. Crappy photo of rectangular scar and little hole. From here, all I had to do was actually screw in the screw -- it left stress marks on the inside where it was gripping, but since it doesn't cause any problems and looks kinda cool, (like shock absorbers in his knees) I don't mind. Just be sure that you leave JUST ENOUGH of the screw protruding for it to fit inside the two halves of the knee, while still gripping the inside of the peg hollow tightly enough that the swivel isn't all loose and floppy. Oh man his knee is SCREWED. After a satisfactory test fit and screwing the whole leg back together again, I liked it so much I willfully lopped off the other leg's peg and performed the same modification. The result is a leg that swivels below the knee, and thanks to the design of the leg itself, doesn't look too out of place doing so. Please don't stare at my beak. And this, of course, leads to new posability in turn: I has a Cheeto. Plus he can actually hold some pretty funky balancing/dancing poses now: Sorry, I had beans for lunch. So yes, the Serendipity in breaking his leg led to a new bionic replacement, increased articulation, and all across the land everyone was happy. Except for Grimlock. BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL!