Snaptrap Robot Head

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Skystalker, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Skystalker

Skystalker Transformer Accumulator

Hello,

I have a question about the snaptrap head, especially in light of the BBTS reissue. For those that have the mold, is the robot head a separate piece that can be separated from the body, or is it one piece and was just painted black in the 1988 release?

Thanks

2. Skystalker

bump

3. jcard2005

jcard2005 Well-Known Member

I just looked at my vintage Snaptrap. The head is a separate piece. However, you will need to take the whole chest piece apart to take the head off. And in order to take the chest piece out..you will need to unscrew the back with the twin cannons.

It would appear to be simple enough. And painting the head black would be a great idea. I just hope that Takara didn't replace the screws with rivits. Then that would be a completely different story.

4. Skystalker

Thanks for the info!

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    its actually a pain in the ass to get to that head. you have to take a lot of stuff apart, and you're going to end up destroying the two stickers on the turtle head in the process.

6. jcard2005

jcard2005 Well-Known Member

Stickers are just collateral damage when it comes to getting the right color scheme on the head. :ev: You can always order the stickers off Reprolables.com:mail 

7. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Or you could just pop Piranacon's head on and it won't make a difference.

8. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Although, if the turtle head is in good condition, you could just swap the whole assembly out, which is a heckuva lot easier.

I tried to dismantle my reissue Snaptrap's head in order to paint it. It wasn't going to budge. While I could get the screws out easy enough, and was careful not to damage the stickers, the snout of the turtle has a metal pin inside that didn't want to move. I think the assembly might even be glued. That attempt was pretty futile.

So I just whipped out a very fine brush instead, and carefully painted the head black. Turned out pretty damned good.

9. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Exactly.