2D Artwork: Smokin' Cons since 84!

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Fort Max, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    My hero, based off my favourite toy. :D 

I'm quite pleased with this, definitely better then my earlier drawings. Considering that it's a completely original drawing I did myself I should be thrilled it looks this good but I really screwed up on the right arm in particular.
    The left arm is then too big based on a comparison to the right but it's really the right that's way too small, what a mess..

The head is also too big which lead to me mentally tagging it as "Bigheadimus Prime" the whole time.

Oh well, enjoy!

[​IMG]

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pretty good.:thumb 

3. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Better than I could ever do!

:thumb 

4. Fort Max

News Credits:
    Thanks muchly for the accolades guys. :thumb 

I'm gonna try inking my drawing today, never done this before so it could be quite messy...

Edit: and here it is, first time I've done this and was a bit shaky so it's wobbly line central. There's also an awful lot of ink blobs all over it. :( 
    Definitely need more practice with that.

Since I did this on tracing paper to preserve the original I took the opportunity to reposition him on the paper and move the gun further away from the body. Then I completely redid his right arm on another bit of tracing paper and once I was happy with it (took about four attempts) I swapped the papers over and inked the new arm.
    Also moved and added more detail to his left hand and tried to shrink the head slightly but it doesn't really look any different.

One major mistake was drawing the chest windows as straight lines rather then curving them to match the top and bottom lines.

In short, more patience and more straight lines are needed next time.

[​IMG]

5. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nice job.

You fixed one of my major crits which was the gun arm. The redo you did in the inked version looks much better. The other things I see is the head doesn't look 100% symetrical from side to side and the lower torso doesn't look thick enough.

:lol  but at least he can't be called fatimus prime :p 

Are you going to try and color him next?

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Very nicely done. If I may be so bold as to offer my critisism? The waist and thighd are alittle small, and the heads a wee bit big, but stunning job all around. I particularly enjoy the flames coming out of his smokestacks.

7. Fort Max

News Credits:
    Thanks man, I was pretty chuffed that my idea of fixing it actually worked out.
    I defintely need more practice drawing heads, no arguement there but the wasp waist was sort of intentional. I was going for detail with exaggerated anime-esque proportions but I may of exaggerated a little too much. :lol 

As for colouring it, not done that before either. If I have time in between Uni and work I may take a crash course in photoshop colouring from a friend but I prefer doing pencils.

Thanks to you also, glad you liked it. :D 
    The proportions I've already tocuhed on above but the "flames" were drawn as elongated smokestack tips (didn't look too closely at my "model" when I drew these) but your're right, they do look like flames now I look at them.
    If I colour it then I think some flames wouldn't go amiss. ;)